- Released: May 2, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Island / Mercury
- 1.What Am I Gonna Do With You
- 2.You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- 3.Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- 4.Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- 5.Love Serenade
- 6.Never Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- 7.I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More, Baby
- 8.I've Found Someone
- 9.I've Got So Much To Give
- 10.Standing In The Shadows Of Love
Digitally remastered by Thomas Ruff (Polygram Studios).
Personnel: Barry White (vocals).
The original love man, Barry White straddled the line between early disco and lush, Philly International-style R&B in his mid-'70s prime. That unique paradigm occupied by White is perfectly anthologized on this definitive collection. Like Al Green, White displays a single-minded commitment to romantic/carnal fulfillment that borders on obsessive. That's just the kind of emotional involvement that makes for great art. The billowing strings and luscious arrangements are the satin sheets and pillowcases that support White's basso profundo exclamations of love and lust. On classics like "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" and "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe," White's soft, deep monologues are as affecting as his singing. This collection is the sonic equivalent of a dozen red, long-stemmed roses and a heart-shaped box of chocolates; the sort of thing for which Valentine's Day was invented.