David Ruffin The Ultimate Collection
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by David Ruffin ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $6.74
- by Jimmy Ruffin ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.84
- by David Ruffin ~ David ~ $16.57
- by David Ruffin ~ Essential Collection ~ $8.98
- by The Originals ~ The Very Best of the Originals ~ $8.84
- Released: September 22, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Motown
- 1.My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- 2.I've Lost Everything I've Ever Loved
- 3.The Double Cross
- 4.World Of Darkness
- 5.Pieces Of A Man
- 6.I'm So Glad I Fell For You
- 7.I Miss You, Pt. 1
- 8.Common Man
- 9.A Little More Trust
- 10.No Matter Where
- 11.Walk Away From Love
- 12.Heavy Love
- 13.Statue Of A Fool
- 14.Who I Am
- 15.Everything's Coming Up Love
- 16.On And Off
- 17.Just Let Me Hold You For A Night
- 18.You're My Peace Of Mind
- 19.Rode By The Place (Where We Used To Stay)
- 20.Let Somebody Love Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers include: Harvey Fuqua, Johnny Bristol, Van McCoy, Berry Gordy, Ivy Jo Hunter.
Compilation producer: Henry Weinger.
Includes liner notes by David Ritz.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Kevin Reeves at PolyGram Studios, Edison, New Jersey.
Liner Note Author: David Ritz.
Arrangers: Paul Riser; Van McCoy; Wade Marcus; David Van De Pitte.
For David Ruffin, leaving the Temptations in the early 1970s to pursue a solo career was taking a gamble. Like Eddie Kendricks (who did the same thing), Ruffin was asked whether or not he was sure he wanted to leave such a successful group. But the soul singer had some fine moments as a solo artist, a fact that is illustrated by this CD. Released in 1998, The Ultimate Collection focuses on Ruffin's post-Temptations work in the 1970s. There's a lot to admire in this good- to excellent-anthology, which ranges from his hits "Walk Away from Love" and "My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)," to a pleasing cover of Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes' "I Miss You." The late soul man was a master of dramatic tearjerkers, and the emotional, heart-on-his-sleeve approach serves him quite well on "Pieces of a Man" (not to be confused with the Gil Scott-Heron song), "World of Darkness," and "No Matter Where." If you've never experienced the pleasures of Ruffin's solo years, The Ultimate Collection would be the most appropriate starting point. ~ Alex Henderson
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE