Chante Moore A Love Supreme
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Chante Moore ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $3.99
- by Kenny Lattimore ~ Days Like This: The Best of Kenny Lattimore ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Chante Moore ~ Moore Is More ~ $17.08
- by Chante Moore ~ Precious ~ $4.04
- Released: November 8, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: MCA
Vibe - 2/95, p.88"...One of the yummiest pop soul confections you're likely to hear this season....Moore's tangy, ingratiating soprano is...more than a little evocative of that delicately sensuous diva Diana Ross..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Chante Moore (vocals); Michael Ralph (spoken vocals); Michael Norfleet, Kenneth Crouch, The Flow (various instruments); Ross Anderson (guitar, bass, programming); Greg Philliganes (keyboards); Simon A. Law (piano, keyboards, bass, programming); George Duke (piano); Adrian Reid (Fender Rhodes); Gary Barnacle (flute); Derrick Edmondson (saxophone); Kevin Robinson (flugelhorn); Michael White (drums); Paulinho Da Costa, Jeff Scantlebury (percussion); Reggie Stewart, Tricky, Sep, Lee Hamblin (programming); Phillip Bailey, Kipper Jones, Siedah Garret, Kabanya Spears, Lisa Taylor, Cynthia Harrell (background vocals).
Producers include: Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Sean "Sep" Hall, Simon A. Law, Lee Hamblin, Ross Anderson.
Engineers include: Mark Abetz, Kevin Davis, Lee Hamblin).
On A LOVE SUPREME, Chante Moore's supple, sensuous vocals snake around jazzy, R&B mid-tempo grooves, in search of the perfect love. From the sultry, spoken opening where she unmistakably states her modern-day intentions to the old phono recording scratches of "Old School Love," Chante searches, preys, teases, romances, and snares.
Chante is one of the leading new R&B divas. Her voice has a remarkable range, and an emotive quality rare in many new artists. She is reminiscient of Diana Ross, but a full-throttle Ross. Her jazz inclinations and rich, lower register also remind the listener of Anita Baker and Toni Braxton. Her tempo is one groove beyond that sexy territory owned by Sade. Her strong ballads like "Thou Shalt Not" and rough-edged, satiny timbre are similar to Whitney Houston's style. And in "I'm What You Need" she reaches those glass-shattering Mariah Carey notes, but only a few, just enough to embellish the song. Her restraint is an indication of what a truly great singer she is. When added all together the shared qualities congeal to create a unique artist who stands on her own.
Chante Moore is poised to become The Voice--so, make way for the next R&B diva.
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(8)
$3.99 Super Savings
Chante's Got a Man / Your Home Is In My Heart (Stella's... (CD)(44)
99¢ on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE