Bob Marley Natty Dread
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.14 (26% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 12, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Island
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.136Ranked #182 in Rolling Stone's "The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time"
Q - 9/01, p.1354 stars out of 5 - "...Marley gearing himself for the big push and 'Them Belly Full' was his first great oppression song..."
Down Beat - 12/01, p.884 stars out of 5 - "...Masterworks..."
NME (Magazine) - 10/2/93, p.29Ranked #78 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of All Time.'
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Lively Up Yourself
- $1.29 on iTunes2.No Woman, No Cry
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Rebel Music (3 O'Clock Road Block)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.So Jah Seh
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Natty Dread
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Bend Down Low
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Talkin' Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Revolution
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Am-A-Do (Bonus Track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Bob Marley & The Wailers: Bob Marley (vocals, guitar); Al Anderson (guitar); Touter (piano, organ); Aston "Family Man" Barrett (bass); Carlton "Carly" Barrett (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel includes: Rita Marley, Marcia Griffiths, Judy Mowatt (background vocals).
Reissue producers: Bill Levenson, Maxine Stowe.
Recorded at Harry J Studios, Kingston, Jamaica and Island Studios, Hammersmith, England.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Bob Marley (vocals); Al Yasha Anderson (guitar); Touter (piano, organ); Aston Barrett (bass guitar); Carlton "Carly" Barrett (drums, percussion); I-Threes (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Sidney Bucknor.
Recording information: Harry J. Studios, Kingston, Jamaica; Harry Jay's Recording Studio, Kingston, Jamaica; Island Studios, Hammersmith, England.
Photographers: Adrian Boot; Dennis Morris .
Out on his own following the defection of Bunny Wailer and Peter Tosh, this album saw Marley utilizing the talents of the I-Threes for the first time. There was still a nod to his past in the inclusion of a cover version of a Wailers tune, "Lively Up Yourself," but elsewhere he revelled in his new found freedom, on "Revolution" and most particularly, "No Woman, No Cry," which has practically become a Jamaican national anthem since its release. If that song had an instantly universal appeal, Rasta themes were also brilliantly conveyed via "Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)" and "Rebel Music (Three O'Clock Roadblock)." Marley had announced himself as one of the greats of modern music.
The Old Grey Whistle Test - Complete Collection (3-DVD)(4)
$29.98 on SALE
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: Bob... (CD)(6)
$4.31 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Money In My Pocket: The Best of Dennis Brown (2-CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE