- Includes Both the 1945 and 1962 Versions of the Film
- Audio Commentary by Richard Barrios, Tom Briggs and Pat Boone
- Theatrical Trailers
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: November 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 1945
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- 2-Disc Set
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
Disc 1: STATE FAIR (1945)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: "From Page, To Screen, To Stage"
- Audio Commentary: by Richard Barrios - Film Historian, Tom Briggs - Broadway Stage Adaptor
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Karaoke - Sing Along Subtitles
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Lobby Cards
- One Sheets
- Set Design and Wardrobe
- Behind the Scenes
Disc 2: STATE FAIR (1962)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Surround 4.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Pat Boone - Star
- Bonus Footage:
- Mary Martin - "It Might As Well Be Spring"
- STATE FAIR Television Pilot
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Experience a timeless Rodgers and Hammerstein classic that looks and sounds better than ever! Bursting with delightful extras and two song-filled versions of the beloved film, this spectacular 2-disc set commemorates the 60th anniversary of the heartwarming tale of the Frake family at the State Fair. In addition to the acclaimed music, both movies include wonderful storytelling, romance and all-star casts - the original 1945 version features Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews and Vivian Blaine, while Pat Boone, Bobby Darin and Ann-Margret shine in the 1962 remake. With its engaging commentaries, featurettes and more, this DVD release provides a unique opportunity to explore and enjoy a milestone musical masterpiece as never before.
STATE FAIR (1945): Good old-fashioned hometown pride is on exhibit in lavish Technicolor in this remake of the 1933 film, the only Rodgers and Hammerstein musical written directly for the silver screen. When the Frake family travels to the fair, Ma and Pa (Charles Winninger and Fay Bainter) enter contests while daughter Margy (Jeanne Crain) and son Wayne (Dick Haymes) both fall in love for the first time. STATE FAIR is attractively photographed and energized by the vibrant performances of the talented lead actors and actresses, but the high point of the film is the colorful hoopla and hullabaloo of the fair itself, a bustling nexus of strange, wonderful, and hilarious characters brought to life by the fine supporting cast. Songs from the Academy Award-nominated score include "It's a Grand Night for Singing," "That's For Me,'' and the Oscar-winning "It Might As Well Be Spring."
STATE FAIR (1962): This remake of the 1945 classic--itself a remake of the 1933 film--was shot on location at the Texas State Fair, the U.S.A's largest of its kind. The plot stays true to the original, with Pat Boone perfectly playing innocent farm boy Wayne Frake, who falls for Ann-Margret's Emily Porter. Bobby Darin co-stars as the rebellious Jerry Dundee.
Family (General) |
Family Interaction |
Musicals / Music Videos |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 72 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 024543208464
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items