Millie Jackson Caught Up / Still Caught Up
|You Save:||$1.39 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 11, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- 2.The Rap
- 3.(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right (Reprise)
- 4.All I Want Is A Fighting Chance
- 5.I'm Tired Of Hiding
- 6.It's All Over But The Shouting
- 7.So Easy Going, So Hard Coming Back
- 8.I'm Through Trying To Prove My Love To You
- 9.Summer (The First Time)
- 10.Loving Arms
- 11.Making The Best Of A Bad Situation
- 12.The Memory Of A Wife
- 13.Tell Her It's Over
- 14.Do What Makes You Satisfied
- 15.You Can't Stand The Thought Of Another Me
- 17.I Still Love You (You Still Love Me)
2 LPs on 1 CD.
Personnel: Millie Jackson (vocals); Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carr (guitar); Barry Beckett (keyboards); Brad Shapiro, Muscle Shoals Swampers (rhythm section); David Hood (bass); Roger Hawkins (drums); Tom Roady (percussion).
Producers: Brad Shapiro, Millie Jackson.
Compilation producer: Dana G. Smart.
Recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio and Criteria Recording Studio, Miami, Florida. CAUGHT UP (1974) originally released on Spring (6703). STILL CAUGHT UP (1975) originally released on Spring (6708). Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Digitally remastered by Doug Schwartz (Audio Mechanics, Los Angeles, California).
Personnel: Pete Carr (guitar); Barry Beckett (keyboards); Roger Hawkins (drums); Tom Roady (percussion).
Liner Note Author: David Nathan .
Recording information: Criteria Recording Studio, Miami, FL; Muscle Shoals Sound Studio.
Hip-O made a natural choice for this repackaging of two Millie Jackson LPs: her love-triangle classic Caught Up from 1974, and its follow-up, Still Caught Up, from 1975. Sounding better than they ever have, this pair of albums chart the course of one of the most disastrous affairs in musical history. The first features sides from each perspective, with Jackson brazenly discussing her affair with her lover's wife (on "All I Want Is a Fighting Chance") and later, taking the wife's part, giving up all hope of getting her husband back ("I'm Through Trying to Prove My Love to You"). The production is lush and the playing, by a crack team of Southern soul names, is crisp and effective. While Still Caught Up can't help but suffer an energy loss, it's a surprisingly strong record, featuring an unbelievable closer, "I Still Love You (You Still Love Me)," featuring Jackson being dragged away to an institution screaming (she even reprised the act for her stage show). In total, Caught Up/Still Caught Up is basically the equal of any solid Millie Jackson compilation, with highlights scattered all over the disc: "(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right," "It's All Over but the Shouting," "Making the Best of a Bad Situation," "Leftovers," and "I'm Tired of Hiding." ~ John Bush
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE