- Widescreen Presentation
- Interviews with Star Valerie Leon and Writer Christopher Wicking
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 7, 2001
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85:1
Addtional Release Materials:
- Valerie Leon - Star
- Christopher Wicking - Star
- TV Spot
- Radio Spot
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- First 10,000 DVDs Contain a Free DVD: THE HAMMER TRAILER COLLECTION
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A British expedition team in Egypt discovers the ancient sealed tomb of the evil Queen Tera. But when one of the archeologists steals a mysterious ring from the corpse's severed hand, he unleashes a relentless curse upon his beautiful daughter. Is the voluptuous young woman now a reincarnation of the diabolical sorceress or has the curse of the mummy returned to reveal its horrific revenge?
Based on Bram Stoker's novel JEWEL OF THE SEVEN STARS, this mummy movie from Hammer Studios does not have so much as one bandage wrapped zombie in any of its frames. It does, however, have the fetching Valerie Leon, in a performance that would make her an icon for Hammer, as the vessel for a long dead Egyptian queen. Leon plays Margaret, a young woman plagued by nightmares of Queen Tera, who looks exactly like her, being sealed into a tomb by a group of priests. When her archaeologist father, Julian Fuchs, gives her a ring that had belonged to Tera, it sets into motion a series of supernatural events that are destined to end with the evil Tera's rebirth. A popular success at the time of its release, BLOOD FROM THE MUMMY'S TOMB, a creepy, intelligent, and original take on the genre, stands as one of Hammer Studios' best films.
- Peter Cushing was originally slated to play Julian Fuchs, but, after one day of filming, his wife fell ill and he left the shoot to be with her.
- Conversely, director Seth Holt died during the last week of filming. Michael Carreras took over for the remainder of the shoot.
- The first 10,000 DVDs of the Anchor Bay edition of the film will contain a bonus DVD of THE HAMMER TRAILER COLLECTION.