James Brown Funky People, Part 2
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by James Brown ~ Foundations of Funk - A Brand New Bag: 1964-1969 (2-CD) ~ $12.35
- by James Brown ~ Funky People, Part 1 ~ $9.89
- by James Brown ~ In The Jungle Groove ~ $6.74
- by Various Artists ~ James Brown's Original Funky Divas (2-CD) ~ $12.35
- by Lyn Collins ~ Mama Feelgood: The Best of Lyn Collins ~ $8.99
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
- 1.Bobby ByrdI Know You Got Soul
- 2.Hank Ballard & The Midnight LightersFrom The Love Side
- 3.Marva WhitneyWhat Do I Have To Do To Prove My Love To You
- 4.Maceo & The MacksSoul Power '74
- 5.Lyn Collins (The Female Preacher)Put it On The Line
- 6.Fred Wesley & The JB'sYou Can Have Watergate But Gimme Some Bucks And I'll Be Straight (Parts 1&2)
- 7.Maceo & The MacksCross The Track (We Better Go Back)
- 8.Myra Barnes (Vicki Anderson)The Message From The Soul Sisters (Parts 1& 2)
- 9.Bobby BirdHot Pants...I'm Coming, Coming, I'm Coming
- 10.Lyn CollinsDo Your Thing
- 11.Fred Wesley & The JB'sI'm Paying Taxes, What Am I Buying
- 12.Myra Barnes (Vicki Anderson)Super Good (Parts 1& 2)
- 13.Fred Wesley & The JB'sBlow Your Head
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Compilation producer: Tim Rogers.
Includes liner notes by Cliff White.
Personnel: James Brown (organ, keyboards, synthesizer, hand claps, background vocals); Bobby Byrd (vocals, piano, organ, tambourine); Hank Ballard, Lyn Collins, Martha High, Marva Whitney, Vicki Anderson (vocals); Alphonso "Country" Kellum, Robert Coleman , Bobby Roach, Hearlon "Cheese" Martin, Jimmy Nolen, Phelps "Catfish" Collins (guitar); Maceo Parker (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Jimmy Parker , Pee Wee Ellis (alto saxophone); Eldee Williams, Frank Vicari, Robert McCollough (tenor saxophone); St. Clair Pinckney (baritone saxophone); Waymon Reed, Russell Crimes, Isiah "Ike" Oakley, Joseph Davis , Jerone "Jasaan Sanford" Melson, Clayton "Chicken" Gunnells, Wayman Reid, Darryl "Hasaan" Jamison, Richard "Kush" Griffith (trumpet); Fred Wesley (trombone); Nat Jones (piano); Charles Sweet Sherell (keyboards); Clyde Stubblefield, Melvin Parker, Nate Jones, John Morgan , John Starks (drums); Johnny Griggs (congas, percussion); David Matthews , Dave Matthews (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Clifford White.
Unknown Contributor Role: St. Clair Pinckney.
Arranger: James Brown.
The second volume of material compiled from James Brown's People Records label isn't quite as strong as the first, as it reaches for more obscurities -- but those obscurities can be interesting, especially Brown's collaboration with Hank Ballard on "From the Love Side." Again, Brown wrote (or co-wrote), arranged, and produced much of the material, appearing on vocals several times, and the J.B.'s are featured heavily, whether as a unit or with individual members stepping out as solo acts. The highlights are Bobby Byrd's two 1971 R&B hits, "I Know You Got Soul" and "Hot Pants -- I'm Coming, Coming, I'm Coming"; also featured are Marva Whitney, Lyn Collins, and Fred Wesley, among others. ~ Steve Huey
Saturday Night Live - Lost & Found: SNL in the 80s (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE