Bobby "Blue" Bland The Anthology (2-CD)
Only 6 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 5, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: MCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Lovin' Blues
- 2.It's My Life Baby
- 3.I Woke Up Screaming
- 4.You've Got Bad Intentions
- 5.I Smell Trouble
- 6.Farther Up The Road
- 7.Little Boy Blue
- 8.I'm Not Ashamed
- 9.I'll Take Care Of You
- 10.Lead Me On
- 11.Cry, Cry, Cry
- 12.I've Been Wrong So Long
- 13.I Pity The Fool
- 14.Don't Cry No More
- 15.Ain't That Lovin' You
- 16.Who Will The Next Fool Be?
- 17.Stormy Monday Blues
- 18.Turn On Your Love Light
- 19.Yield Not To Temptation
- 21.Call On Me
- 22.That's The Way Love Is
- 23.Ain't Nothing You Can Do
- 24.Share Your Love With Me
- 25.Blind Man
- 26.Ain't Doin' Too Bad, Part 1
- 27.These Hands (Small But Mighty)
- 28.I'm Too Far Gone (To Turn Around)
- 29.Good Time Charlie (Part 1)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.You're All I Need
- 3.That Did It
- 4.Driftin' Blues
- 5.Save Your Love For Me
- 6.Rockin' In The Same Old Boat
- 7.Ask Me 'Bout Nothing (But The Blues)
- 8.Chains Of Love
- 9.If You Got A Heart
- 10.Do What You Set Out To Do
- 11.Goin' Down Slow
- 12.This Time I'm Gone For Good (Live)
- 13.Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
- 14.I Wouldn't Treat A Dog (The Way You Treated Me)
- 16.I Take It On Home
- 17.It Ain't The Real Thing
- 18.Let The Good Times Roll
- 19.The Soul Of A Man
- 20.Soon As The Weather Breaks
- 21.Recess In Heaven
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Bobby "Blue" Bland (vocals); B.B. King (vocals, guitar); Roy Gaines, Clarence Holliman, Auburn "Pat" Hare, Wayne Bennett, Gerald Sims, Freddy Robinson, Spence Bean, Ray Parker, Jr. (guitar); Johnny Board, Bobby Forte, Jimmy Beck, Bill Harvey, Rayfield Davers, Melvin Jackson, Theodore Arthur, Jerome Richardson, Red Holloway (saxophone); Joe Scott, Melvin Jackson, Henry Boozier, Joseph Harden, Tommy Ferguson, Snooky Young (trumpet); Pluma Davis, Al Thomas (trombone); Connie Mack Booker, Skippy Brooks, Teddy Reynolds (piano); Hamp Simmons, Phil Upchurch, Charles Green (bass); Sonny Freeman, John "Jabo" Starks, Harrell Porter, Charles Polk (drums); Anita Kerr Singers (background vocals).
Recorded between 1952 & 1977. Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Clarence Holliman, Dean Parks, Freddy Robinson , Gerald Sims, Larry Carlton, Mel Brown , Roy Gaines, Wayne Bennett, Ben Benay (guitar); Jimmy Beck, Johnny Board, Bobby Forte (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Monk Higgins (tenor saxophone); Rayfield Davers (baritone saxophone); Joe Scott , Henry Boozier (trumpet); George Bohannon, Pluma Davis (trombone); Chuck Findley, Dick Hyde, Ernie Watts, Jack Kelson, Jr., Paul Hubinon (horns); Michael Omartian (piano, organ); Skippy Brooks, Teddy Reynolds, David Ervin, Johnny Ace , Laythan Armor (piano); Earl Forest, Ed Greene, Sonny Freeman (drums); Warren Haygood (percussion); Ginger Blake, Julia Tillman, Maxine Willard Waters (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Recording information: Chicago, IL (1952); Detroit, MI (1952); Houston (1952); Los Angeles, CA (1952); Memphis (1952); Nashville, TN (1952); Whisky A-Go-Go (1952).
Arrangers: Jay Wellington; George Butcher.
There are a number of excellent Bobby "Blue" Bland collections on the market, but MCA's ANTHOLOGY may outdistance them all. A beautifully compiled and packaged set, ANTHOLOGY covers three decades of the singer's career. Bland's work from the 1980s and after is not represented here, but that's a small matter, since many of his finest recordings (cut on a variety of labels, many of them small independents) date from the '60s and early '70s. It was this material--a sophisticated combination of gutbucket Texas blues and emotive R&B crooning--that came to define the soul sound of the chitlin' circuit
Those familiar with Bland's work will recognize all of the singer's R&B chart classics (from "I Pity the Fool" to "Turn on Your Lovelight" to "Who Will The Next Fool Be?"), as well as important album cuts, while an unreleased live tune shows just how much Bland stretches out in concert. Detailed liner notes give plenty of background on both the recording sessions and Bland himself, but best of all is the remastered sound, which sparkles, and brings Bland's rich voice and uniquely moving delivery into crisp definition. As either an introduction to the legendary vocalist, or as a comprehensive recap for long-time fans, it is impossible to go wrong with ANTHOLOGY.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE