Bell Biv Devoe Greatest Hits
Only 9 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$7.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.61 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 26, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: MCA
- 2.Do Me!
- 3.B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)
- 4.When Will I See You Smile Again?
- 5.She's Dope! (aka Dope!)
- 7.Above The Rim
- 8.Something In Your Eyes
- 9.Show Me The Way
- 11.Hootie Mack
- 12.Ghetto Booty
- 13.Word To the Mutha!
- 14.Ain't Nut'in' Changed (Remix)
- 15.Poison (Remix)
- 16.Do Me (Remix)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Bell Biv DeVoe: Ricky Bell, Bichael Bivens, Ronnie DeVoe.
Includes liner notes by A. Scott Galloway.
Liner Note Author: A. Scott Galloway.
Photographers: David Roth; Gerhard Yurkovic.
On the one hand, Bell Biv DeVoe deserves a good best-of compilation -- they were one of the freshest-sounding new jack swing acts to hit the charts during the style's early-'90s heyday. On the other hand, they only recorded two albums during that heyday (not counting a remix album), and their third wasn't released until after this 2000 compilation, The Best of Bell Biv DeVoe. Thus, listeners get five tracks from the group's blockbuster debut, Poison; six from their decent but less-inventive follow-up, Hootie Mack; the non-LP single "Gangsta"; and four tracks from the aforementioned remix album, WBBD-Bootcity!, including the otherwise-unavailable single "Word to the Mutha." Aside from Hootie Mack's "Something in Your Eyes" (an R&B Top Ten), all of the group's biggest hits came from Poison -- the crossover smashes "Poison" and "Do Me!," the R&B chart-topper "B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)?," and the R&B Top Tens "When Will I See You Smile Again?" and "She's Dope." As such, casual fans might be just as happy with the mid-priced compilation 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection, which -- even though it features fewer songs -- still has all their major hits, and costs a few dollars less. But for more devoted fans who want a generous BBD compilation, The Best of Bell Biv DeVoe does have all their best moments in one place, and makes for an excellent summary of why they were important to the development of '90s R&B. ~ Steve Huey
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.29 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK