- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 3, 2008
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Legend Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An incorrigible thief is convinced he's died and returned to earth to do good deeds after being knocked unconscious by a car while saving a child's life. His newfound mission to make the world a better place propels him into some funny and heartfelt situations. Charlton Heston plays God.
A man is released from prison only to begin a new career as a bank robber. In between heists, he uncharacteristically saves a man from being run over, but is himself struck by a car. After the fatal accident, he ends up in heaven, where he's made a temporary angel -- with the possibility of getting permanent status if he does enough good deeds. Skeptical, and uncertain that he really is dead, he carries on with his criminal career... until a series of coincidences convince him that he really has left this world. So he turns over a new leaf and vows to help people, in particular a sick young man and his mother.
- Charlton Heston's performance in "Almost an Angel" went uncredited at the original release.
- Linda Koslowski is married to actor Paul Hogan.