|You Save:||$10.17 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Legend Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- (unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Shirley MacLaine & Kenneth Mars|
|Performer:||Jack Somack, Gerald S. O'Loughlin, Rose Gregorio, Carol Kane, Sada Thompson & Kenneth Mars|
|Directed by||Frank D. Gilroy|
|Edited by||Robert Q. Lovett|
|Written by||Frank D. Gilroy|
|Composition by||Jim Hall, Lee Konitz & Ron Carter|
|Cinematography by||Urs Furrer|
|Art Direction by||Edgar Lansbury|
|Produced by||Frank D. Gilroy|
A story of a childless, middle-aged couple whose crumbling marriage and daily struggle with the stresses of city life has them trapped in a hell they're too depleted to leave.
Sophie, a freelance book translator, and Otto, a lawyer, are a childless bourgeois couple living in Brooklyn. They are locked in a disintegrating marriage and suffering a mid-life crisis. Their personal ennui and confusion are heightened by contact with people equally bored and empty, and the intruding difficulties of city life, including crime, vandalism, grim subways, and the constant wail of sirens signaling danger at all times.
- First feature film directed by Frank D. Gilroy. He won both the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award for this first play, "The Subject Was Roses" (1964).
- Shot on location in New York City.
- Music soundtrack by jazz artists Lee Konitz, Jim Hall, and Ron Carter.
12 Classic Television Comedies - 1950s-1960s (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,120
- UPC: 844503000323
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item