Reverend Gary Davis Say No To The Devil
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 15, 1991
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Obc
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Reverend Gary Davis sings and plays 6 & 12 string guitar and harmonica.
Recorded in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey in 1961. Originally released on Bluesville (1049). Includes original liner notes by Larry Cohn.
All songs composed by Reverend Gary Davis except "Hold To God's Unchanging Hand", "Little Bitty Baby", and "Tryin' To Get To Heaven In Due Time" (traditional, arranged by Reverend Gary Davis).
Personnel: Rev. Gary Davis (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar, harmonica).
Liner Note Author: Lawrence Cohn.
Recording information: Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1961); New York, NY (1961).
Photographer: Don Schlitten.
Arranger: Rev. Gary Davis.
Say No to the Devil is Rev. Gary Davis' third Bluesville album, and it was originally released in 1961. Davis was in fine form throughout the session, playing some startlingly intricate 12-string guitar licks, blowing some rootsy harp, and singing with conviction. Between the songs, Davis tells some rambling stories, which are just as gripping and fascinating as the music itself. ~ Thom Owens
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Generations of Blues, Volume 1 - Legendary Guitarists (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE