Reverend Gary Davis Little More Faith
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 6, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Obc
- $0.99 on iTunes1.You Got To Move
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Crucifixion
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I'm Glad I'm In That Number
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Ther'es A Table Sittin' In Heaven
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Motherless Children
- $0.99 on iTunes6.There's A Bright Side Somewhere
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I'll Be All Right Some Day
- $0.99 on iTunes8.You Better Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes9.A Little More Faith
- $1.29 on iTunes10.I'll Fly Away
- $0.99 on iTunes11.God's Gonna Separate
- $0.99 on iTunes12.When I Die I'll Live Again
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains 12 tracks.
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Recording information: 08/10/1961.
Photographer: Don Schlitten.
Gary Davis' second album for Prestige Records is a confusing affair, at least as far as its title -- Little More Faith is how it's listed in lots of reference sources, but its front cover calls it A Little More Faith, while its spine (at least for the CD issue) calls it Have a Little Faith. But by whatever name it's called, it's a masterpiece: its dozen songs recorded on one day in August of 1961 are nothing less than priceless. Davis presents an easy virtuosity on his solo guitar, and runs his voice across a surprisingly wide range in what is mostly gospel repertory. Not that any blues fans will mind his approach: Davis was one of those figures where the sound and feel of blues becomes indistinguishable from those of gospel. He was just doing what came naturally on this record, laying down 12 songs he knew well from across decades of performing, including a raw and affecting "Motherless Child" and the upbeat, inspiring "There's a Bright Side Somewhere." And his easy, unselfconscious approach demonstrates that he never once thought twice about his contributions to an already classic body of music. Included among the jewels here are some of the roots of the blues revival of the next generation, including Davis' rendition of "I'll Be All Right Some Day," a song that Jorma Kaukonen parlayed into a killer opening for his solo magnum opus, Quah, about 13 years later. And speaking of natural, the stereo mastering of this album works amazingly well, despite the fact that it puts Davis' voice on one channel and his guitar on another; mono sound might be more authentic, but this way you can fully appreciate his playing and his singing, each on its own terms. ~ Bruce Eder
Masters of the Country Blues - Rev. Gary Davis and Sonny... (DVD)(3)
$17.66 Super Savings
Prestige Profiles (Plus Bonus CD, Volume 8) (2-CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE