- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 30, 2003
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Ken Wiederhorn, Co-Writer, Alan Ormsby, Make-Up Designer, Fred Olen Ray, Filmmaker
- Production Interviews: Luke Halpin
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
In the dark days of World War II, the Nazi High Command ordered its scientists to create a top secret race of indestructible zombie storm troopers - un-living, unfeeling, unstoppable monstrosities that killed with their bare hands. They were known as The Death Corps. No member of this horrific SS unit was ever captured by the allied forces - and, somewhere off the coast of Florida, they have survived...
Peter Cushing (The Curse Of Frankenstein), Brooke Adams (The Dead Zone) and John Carradine (The Howling) star in this suspenseful and genuinely creepy shocker co-written and directed by Ken Wiederhorn (Return Of The Living Dead II) -- one of the great horror "sleepers" of the 1970s. Although the film's original negative mysteriously disappeared over 20 years ago, Shock Waves has now been transferred from the director's own vault print and digitally restored for this premiere DVD release!
A demented Nazi scientist creates a race of undrownable mutants. Though thought to be destroyed, years later they reappear in the form of unstoppable SS zombies. An all-star cast of acclaimed actors, including Brooke Adams (DAYS OF HEAVEN) and John Carradine (THE HOWLING), lend clout to this intelligent horror film.
Mad Doctor |