Charlie Parker Now's The Time: The Revolutionary Charlie Parker
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Dave Brubeck ~ Jazz Goes To College ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Miles Davis ~ Kind of Blue ~ $7.18
- by Blind Lemon Jefferson ~ The Rough Guide To Blind Lemon Jefferson (Reborn and Remastered) (180GV) ~ $17.43
- by Dizzy Gillespie ~ Shaw 'Nuff ~ $2.98 (Save 77%)
- by Carl Perkins ~ Very Best of Blue Suede Shoes ~ $9.33
Products with a similar style:
- John Coltrane Blue Train [The Ultimate Blue Train] (CD) ~ $11.68
- Thelonious Monk / John Coltrane Thelonious Monk Quartet With John Coltrane At Carnegie Hall (CD) ~ $16.55
- John Coltrane My Favorite Things (Deluxe) (CD) ~ $10.78
- Released: January 27, 2010
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Savoy Jazz
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Charlie Parker (alto saxophone); Charlie Parker ; Duke Jordan, John Richard Lewis, Argonne Thornton (piano); Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet, piano); Miles Davis (trumpet); Bud Powell (piano); Max Roach (drums).
Liner Note Author: Bill Milkowski.
Recording information: Harry Smith Studios, New York, NY (11/26/1945-09/24/1948); United Sound Studios, Detroit, MI (11/26/1945-09/24/1948); WOR STudios, New York, NY (11/26/1945-09/24/1948).
Charlie Parker fanatics will debate the merits of his various recordings until blue in the face, but nearly everyone is in agreement about the monumental importance of his Savoy sides. NOW'S THE TIME: THE REVOLUTIONARY CHARLIE PARKER collects some of the best of those sides in one 17-track package, making for a lovely sampling of the jazz great's genius.
The "revolutionary" of the album's title is no overstatement. Along with Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis, Max Roach, and others, Parker was busy permanently redefining the entire landscape of jazz with a complex, frenetic music called bebop. Some of the best examples of the style--"Koko," Billie's Bounce," and "Donna Lee," among others--are here, and sound just as fresh and vital as they did on their release in 1945.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE