Rod Stewart As Time Goes By...The Great American Songbook, Volume 2
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
Elton John Greatest Hits, Volume 2 [Polygram] (CD) $7.71
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: J-Records
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Time After Time
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Im In The Mood For Love
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Dont Get Around Much Anymore
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered (Duet with Cher)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.'Till There Was You
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Until The Real Thing Comes Along
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Where Or When
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Smile
- $1.29 on iTunes9.My Heart Stood Still
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Someone To Watch Over Me
- $1.29 on iTunes11.As Time Goes By (Duet with Queen Latifah)
- $1.29 on iTunes12.I Only Have Eyes For You
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Crazy She Calls Me
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Our Love Is Here To Stay
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rod Stewart (vocals, whistling); Cher, Queen Latifah (vocals); David Spinozza (acoustic guitar); Dean Parks, Aaron Kaplan, Larry Koonse (guitar); Rob Mathes (nylon string guitar, keyboards); Elana Barere, Avril Brown (violin); Vincent Lionti, Adria Benjamin (viola); Richard Locker, Ann Kim (cello); Lawrence Feldman (clarinet); Dave Koz (alto saxophone); Doug Webb (saxophone); Arturo Sandoval (trumpet); Mike Thompson (piano, synthesizer); Henry Hey (piano); Phillippe Saise, Rob Mounsey (keyboards); Joe Locke (vibraphone); Tom Barney, Reggie McBride (bass); John Ferraro, Shawn Pelton (drums); .
Producers: Richard Perry, Clive Davis, Phil Ramone.
AS TIME GOES BY VOL. 2 was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album.
Personnel: Rod Stewart (whistling); David Spinozza (guitar, acoustic guitar); Dean Parks (guitar, electric guitar); Carl Struken (guitar, piano); Frank Simes, Aaron Kaplan, Jimmy Rip, Larry Koonse (guitar); Rob Mathes (nylon-string guitar, piano, keyboards); Maura Giannini, Marti Sweet, Elena Barere, Cenovia Cummins , Richard Sortomme, Carol Webb, Avril Brown, Ann Leathers, Jan Mullen, Yuri Vodovoz (violin); Mary Hammann, Monica Gerard, Vince Lionti, Adrian Benjamin (viola); Doug Webb (clarinet, woodwinds, saxophone, alto saxophone); Mike Thompson (clarinet, piano, string synthesizer); Lawrence Feldman (clarinet); Arturo Sandoval (trumpet); Henry Hey, Peter Nero (piano); Philippe Saisse (keyboards, string synthesizer); Rob Mounsey (keyboards); Shawn Pelton (drums, percussion); Warren Odze, Joe La Barbera, John Ferraro , Frank Vilardi (drums).
Audio Mixers: Frank Filipetti; Jan Folkson; Bobby Ginsburg.
Recording information: Capitol studios, Los Angeles, CA; Departure Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Fox Fouce Five, Hollywood, CA; Hit Factory Criteria, Miami, FL; Reagan's Garage, Los Angeles, CA; Right Track Studios, New York, NY; Simon Climey Studio, Villefranche Sur-Mer, France; Sony Studios, London, England; The Loft, Bronxville, NY; The Shed, New York, NY.
On his second album tackling the Great American Songbook of the album's subtitle, Rod Stewart sounds even more energized, and seems to insert more of himself into his delivery of gems by the Gershwins, Rodgers & Hart, et al. Though two veteran pop-rock producers (Richard Perry and Phil Ramone) handle most of the tracks, they wisely make no attempt to "rock up" any of the arrangements, instead leaving Stewart to explore his balladeer side to its fullest.
One may wonder why the Perry-produced tracks feature layers of string synthesizer, when Ramone's cuts employ the real thing; presuming that there was no lack of budget here, it must have been some inscrutable aesthetic choice. While those more accustomed to a traditional approach may be put off by this aspect, or by a pair of duets with Cher and Queen Latifah, this album isn't for them anyway. It's for those who have followed Stewart through all the stylistic byways of his career and are ready to go with him around one more bend.
Rod StewartFly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook, Volume 5
Rod StewartFly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook, Volume 5...
Rod Stewart - It Had to be You...The Great American Songbook
$11.18 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)(6)
$24.95 on SALE
Fly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook, Volume 5 (CD)(130)
WOGL Oldies 98.1FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Still the Same: Great Rock Classics of Our Time (CD)(209)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 172 ratings.
Based on 172 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 6,275
- UPC: 888750377821
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~
$9.36 Super Savings
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~
$11.70 Super Savings
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
The Ames Brothers
They, They, They Are the Ones (2-CD)
$15.75 Super Savings