Charley Pride Anthology (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 22, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Before I Met You
- 2.Just Between You And Me
- 3.I Know One
- 4.The Day The World Stood Still
- 5.The Easy Part's Over
- 6.Let The Chips Fall
- 8.All I Have To Offer You (Is Me)
- 9.(I'm So) Afraid Of Losing You Again
- 10.Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone
- 11.Wonder Could I Live There Anymore
- 12.Did You Think To Pray
- 13.I Can't Believe That You Stopped Loving Me
- 14.I'm Just Me
- 15.Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'
- 16.All His Children
- 17.It's Gonna Take A Little Bit Longer
- 18.She's Too Good To Be True
- 19.A Shoulder To Cry On
- 20.Don't Fight The Feelings Of Love
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Amazing Love
- 2.We Could
- 3.Mississippi Cotton Picking Delta Town
- 4.Then Who Am I
- 5.I Ain't All Bad
- 6.Hope You're Feeling Me (Like I'm Feeling You)
- 7.She's Just An Old Love Turned Memory
- 8.I'll Be Leaving Alone
- 9.More To Me
- 10.Someone Loves You Honey
- 11.When I Stop Leaving (I'll Be Gone)
- 12.Where Do I Put Her Memory
- 13.You Win Again
- 14.You Almost Slipped My Mind
- 15.Roll On Mississippi
- 16.You're So Good When You're Bad
- 17.Why Baby Why
- 18.Night Games
- 19.The Power Of Love
- 20.Down On The Farm
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Charley Pride (vocals); Henry Mancini (conductor); The Jordanaires, The Nashville Edition (background vocals).
Producers include: Blake Mevis, Norro Wilson, Jerry Bradley, Charley Pride, Jack Clement.
Compilation producers: Rob santos, Gretchen Brennison.
Recorded between 1966 & 1984. Includes liner notes by Rick Kienzle.
There have been plenty of Charley Pride collections issued throughout the years, but none have been better than BMG Heritage's 2003 double-disc set Anthology. Over the course of two discs and 40 tracks, the compilation spans his two decades with RCA, from his first single "Before I Met You" in 1966 to 1985's "Down on the Farm." Between those two songs are all of his biggest hits -- "Just Between You and Me," "The Easy Part's Over," "(I'm So) Afraid of Losing You Again," "All I Have to Offer You is Me," "Kaw-Liga," "I Can't Believe That You've Stopped Loving Me," "Is Anybody Goin' to San Antone," "Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'," "It's Gonna Take a Little Bit Longer," "She's Too Good To Be True," "A Shoulder to Cry On," "Mississippi Cotton Picking Delta Town," "Where Do I Put Her Memory," among them. Since Pride was a constant presence at the top of the country charts during these two decades, Anthology is missing some big (and good) hits, particularly such late '70s and early '80s sides as "You're My Jamaica," simply due to the constraints of the compilation; even at two discs, there are only so many songs that can fit on this set. Even with the absence of these hit singles, Anthology is the best Charley Pride compilation yet assembled: no other collection contains so much of his best material presented in such loving yet logical fashion, nor is there another set quite so listenable as this. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!