Elvis Presley Elvis: Great Country Songs
12 copies available
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer: Very Best of The Beach Boys (CD) ~ $11.68
- Released: January 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: BMG / Elvis
- 1.I Forgot To Remember To Forget
- 2.Blue Moon Of Kentucky
- 3.When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again
- 4.Old Shep
- 5.Your Cheatin' Heart (Alternate Take 9)
- 6.(Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
- 7.Just Call Me Lonesome (Alternate Take 6)
- 8.There Goes My Everything (Alternate Take 1)
- 9.Kentucky Rain
- 10.From A Jack To A King
- 11.I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
- 12.I Really Don't Want To Know
- 13.It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- 14.Green, Green Grass Of Home (Alternate Take 1)
- 15.Fairytale (Alternate Take 2)
- 16.Gentle On My Mind
- 17.Make The World Go Away
- 18.You Asked Me To
- 19.Funny How Time Slips Away
- 20.Help Me Make It Through The Night (Alternate Take 3)
- 21.Susan When She Tried
- 22.He'll Have To Go
- 23.Always On My Mind
- 24.Guitar Man (Remake)
Recorded between July 1, 1954 and October 30, 1976. Includes liner notes by Charles Wolfe.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Elvis Presley (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Charles K. Wolfe.
Recording information: 07/19/1954-10/30/1976.
Directors: Klaus Schmalenbach; Michael Omansky.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Sherrill Nielsen; J.D. Sumner; The Voice; Kathy Westmoreland; The Imperials Quartet; The Jordanaires; The Stamps.
Arrangers: Don Tweedy; Glen D. Hardin; Glen Spreen; Cam Mullins; Mike Leech.
In this era of MTV and multi-media rock stage shows, it's easy to forget that rock and roll was originally considered "hillbilly" music. Similarly, it would no doubt surprise many Elvis fans to discover that the king of rock and roll charted on the Billboard country charts--several times--six months before he hit the pop charts with "Heartbreak Hotel." And yet Elvis Presley, the original "Hillbilly Cat," never strayed too far from his country roots, as the 1996 anthology GREAT COUNTRY SONGS demonstrates.
This impressive collection includes 24 tracks from throughout Presley's career, from his 1955 country hit "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" to a 1976 cover of Jim Reeves' classic "He'll Have to Go" (which, incidentally, was Elvis' final studio recording). As an inducement to fans that already own most of these recordings, RCA has included five previously unreleased alternate takes amid the more familiar fare. The true value of this package, however, is that it gathers all Presley's most important country recordings on a single disc. As an added bonus, the backing tracks feature great support from such country legends as James Burton, Floyd Cramer, and Chet Atkins.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists 70S #1 Hits (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE