Elvis Presley Elvis By The Presleys (2-CD)
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Elvis Presley ~ Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite [Legacy Edition] (Live) (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis #1's ~ $10.78
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis 2nd To None ~ $7.18
- by Elvis Presley ~ Love, Elvis ~ $7.19
- by Elvis Presley ~ Moody Blue ~ $5.97
Products with a similar style:
- The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer: Very Best of The Beach Boys (CD) ~ $11.68
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 3, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: BMG / Elvis
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Trying To Get To You
- 2.Heartbreak Hotel
- 3.I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
- 4.I Got A Woman
- 5.Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do!
- 6.(There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me)
- 8.Hawaiian Wedding Song
- 9.Indescribably Blue
- 10.In The Ghetto
- 11.Suspicious Minds
- 12.I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
- 13.Bridge Over Troubled Water
- 14.You've Lost That Loving Feeling
- 15.It's Over
- 16.Separate Ways
- 17.Always On My Mind
- 18.My Way
- 19.Burning Love
- 20.Welcome To My World
- 21.Steamroller Blues
- 22.I Got A Feelin' In My Body
- 23.If I Can Dream
- 24.A Little Less Conversation
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You
- 2.Jailhouse Rock
- 3.Anything That's Part Of You
- 4.You'll Be Gone
- 5.Too Much Monkey Business
- 6.Baby What You Want Me To Do
- 7.I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- 8.Blue Christmas
Personnel: Elvis Presley (vocals, guitar); Kathy Westmoreland, The Blossoms, The Imperials Quartet, The Jordanaires, The Sweet Inspirations (vocals, background vocals); J.D. Sumner, The Stamps, Ben Speer, Gordon Stoker, Millie Kirkham, Brock Speer (vocals); J.D. Sumner & the Stamps (background vocals).
Audio Remixer: JXL.
Liner Note Authors: Ernst Mikael Jorgensen; Michael Hill.
Recording information: American Studios, Memphis, TN (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Honolulu International Center, Honolulu, HI (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Norman, OK (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); RCA Studios, Nashville, TN (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Stax Studios, Memphis, TN (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Sun STudios, Memphis, TN (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); The Hilton, Las Vegas, NV (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); The International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV (01/??/1954-03/26/1977); Western Recorders, Burbank, CA (01/??/1954-03/26/1977).
Photographer: Henry Leutwyler.
Arranger: Bergen White.
ELVIS BY THE PRESLEYS is a two-disc audio companion to the 2005 television documentary of the same name. Selected by Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley, the songs here underscoring thoughts about Elvis from his family's perspective. The accompanying booklet, full of home photographs and liner notes, explains the selection of songs, so that "Heartbreak Hotel" can be heard anew as a testament to Elvis meeting Priscilla, and "Hawaiian Wedding Song" as an allegory of their nuptials.
The liner notes also suggest that certain songs point to aspects of the King's personality, such as his spiritual, "seeking" nature ("Peace in the Valley"). Disc Two features five previously unreleased recordings, including alternate takes of "Jailhouse Rock," "You'll Be Gone" (a song distinguished by a rare Elvis songwriting credit), and "Anything That's Part of You" (with vocal accompaniment by the Jordanaires). On the two private home recordings, however--takes on Jimmy Reed's "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and Hank Williams's "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"--the listener truly has the sense of eavesdropping on the King behind closed doors. This lovingly assembled package is ideal for casual fans and completists alike.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE