Harry Nilsson The Point! [Bonus Tracks]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 19, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: RCA
Rolling Stone - 5/27/71, p.53"...THE POINT is not a collection of sound track songs, but rather a carefully told story complete by itself...conveyed in an utterly delightful style..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 9/00, p.88"...Strange and lovely..."
NME (Magazine) - 9/23/00, p.358 out of 10 - "...THE POINT has great charm, better songs, and was a huge TV hit..."
- 1.Everything's Got 'Em
- 2.The Town (Narration)
- 3.Me And My Arrow
- 4.The Game (Narration)
- 5.Poli High
- 6.The Trial & Banishment (Narration)
- 7.Think About Your Troubles
- 8.The Pointed Man (Narration)
- 9.Life Line
- 10.The Birds (Narration)
- 11.P.O.V. Waltz
- 12.The Clearing In The Woods (Narration)
- 13.Are You Sleeping?
- 14.Oblio's Return (Narration)
- 15.Think About Your Troubles
- 16.Life Line
- 17.Down To The Valley
This reissue features original comic book story and cover art.
Personnel includes: Harry Nilsson (vocals, piano); George Tipton (conductor); Alton Hendrickson (guitar, mandolin); Dennis Budimir, Tommy Tedesco, Al Casey (guitar); Tibor Zelig, Israel Baker, Arnold Belnick (violin); Armand Kaproff, Edgar Lustgarten (cello); Louise Dismsan, Gretchen Shanley, Arthur Gleghorn (flute); George Fields, Tommy Morgan (harmonica); Tom Scott (saxophone); Carroll Lewis (trumpet); Mike Rubini (piano, organ, clavinet); Dan Randi (organ); Carol Kaye, Stephens LaFever (bass); John Guerin, Earl Palmer (drums); Jerry Williams, Alan Estes, Milt Holland (percussion).
Recorded at RCA Studios, and at A&M Studios, Hollywood, California between April and September 1970.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Harry Nilsson (vocals, piano); Alton Hendrickson (guitar, mandolin); Dennis Budimir, Al Casey , Tommy Tedesco (guitar); Dorothy Remsen (harp); Tibor Zelig, Israel Baker, Arnold Belnick (violin); Byron Berline (fiddle); Armand Karpoff (cello); Ethmer Roten (flute, saxophone); Arthur Gleghorn (flute); George Fields, Tommy Morgan (harmonica); Jim Horn, Tom Scott (saxophone); Carroll Lewis (trumpet); Michel Rubini (piano, Clavinet, organ); Mike Melvoin (piano, Clavinet); Michael Lang (piano); Ralph Grierson (harpsichord, organ); Don Randi (organ); Frank Capp (drums, timpani); Earl Palmer , John Guerin (drums); Alan Estes, Jerry Williams , Milt Holland (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Curtis Armstrong.
Recording information: A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/12/1969-09/28/1970); RCA Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/12/1969-09/28/1970).
Arranger: George Tipton.
In 1970, Harry Nilsson's THE POINT appeared. It arrived as both an animated television special and this soundtrack. The album alternates seven warm and sprightly songs with seven bits of narration (also by Nilsson), which together present Nilsson's delightful little fable. However, the songs do stand perfectly well on their own. "Me and My Arrow" was a hit at the time, and found its way into people's consciousness again in the '80s when it was used in a car commercial. The story's themes are universal and the songs and their arrangements are catchy to children without being cloying to adults. "Think About Your Troubles" sports a confident vocal that melds the blues with Broadway. The orchestrations throughout the entire album (arranged and conducted by George Tipton) are supple, supportive, and slyly inventive.
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$5.93 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 79 ratings.
Based on 79 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE