- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 24, 1999
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 12/01/1996
"FLED is a hyper-charged action movie..."
Variety - 07/15/1996
"...Adding to his already impressive range, Fishburne makes a most appealing action hero..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/19/1996
"...Directed with style and energy....[The] cinematography is properly sleek and lively..."
A pair of on-the-lam escaped convicts race against time, the Cuban Mafia and the police to find some stashed loot and a computer disk which will either set them free or get them killed.
Two Georgia convicts, an African-American named Piper, and a White guy named Dodge, are handcuffed together while in prison. During a riot, the two defiant ones escape -- still shackled together. The pair hate each other's guts, so they're trading insults and punching each other out as they elude the authorities, who are hot on their tail. As if this weren't enough, some nefarious types are also pursuing the duo, specifically Dodge, who possesses a computer disk with valuable information.
Will the shackled Piper and Dodge successfully elude all of their pursuers' Or will their kill each other first'
- Released theatrically in the USA July 19, 1996.
- Color by DeLuxe; in DTS Sound.
- Additional credits: Mary Stacy and Katie Pinholster (set decorator) and Gary Bentley (special effects coordinator).