Barry Manilow Essential Barry Manilow (2-CD)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Barbra Streisand ~ The Essential Barbra Streisand (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- by Olivia Newton-John ~ Gold (2-CD) ~ $17.98
- by Barry Manilow ~ Manilow Sings Sinatra ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Barry Manilow ~ Playlist: The Very Best of Barry Manilow ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Barry Manilow ~ Ultimate Manilow [Arista] ~ $9.18
Products with a similar style:
- Neil Diamond The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $6.68
- Neil Diamond Gold (2-CD) ~ $18.07
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Arista
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.It's A Miracle
- 3.Could It Be Magic
- 4.I Write The Songs
- 5.Bandstand Boogie
- 6.Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again
- 7.Beautiful Music
- 8.This One's For You
- 9.Weekend In New England
- 10.Jump Shout Boogie
- 11.Looks Like We Made It
- 13.New York City Rhythm
- 14.Can't Smile Without You
- 15.Even Now
- 16.Copacabana (At The Copa)
- 17.Ready To Take A Chance Again
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Somewhere In The Night
- 3.When I Wanted You
- 4.I Don't Want To Walk Without You
- 5.One Voice
- 6.I Made It Through The Rain
- 7.Lonely Together
- 8.The Old Songs
- 9.Somewhere Down The Road
- 11.Some Kind Of Friend
- 12.Read 'em And Weep
- 13.When October Goes
- 14.I'm Your Man
- 15.Brooklyn Blues (With Tom Scott)
- 16.Hey Mambo (With Kid Creole and The Coconuts)
- 17.I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Barry Manilow (vocals); Kid Creole & the Coconuts.
Recording information: Sony Music Studios, NY.
Photographers: Herb Ritts; Firooz Zahedi; Lance Staedler.
Even those who find Barry Manilow's music cringe-worthy are likely to know the chorus to "I Write the Songs," or to recognize the opening bars of "Mandy." That's because Manilow held serious sway over the pop and adult contemporary charts throughout the '70s, ratcheting up an amazing string of hits, most of which became staples of the soft rock canon. It cannot be denied that Manilow is a talented tunesmith capable of crafting powerful melodies, both melancholic and jubilant; and he parlayed this talent into a hugely successful recording and performing career lasting well into the 2000s.
Arista has followed up the blockbuster sales of 2002's ULTIMATE MANILOW by issuing an expanded, two-disc greatest hits compilation dubbed THE ESSENTIAL. Naturally, the mega-hits--"Mandy," "I Write the Songs," "Looks Like We Made It," and the disco anthem "Copacabana"--are here, but there is plenty of fine material spread out over these 34 tracks, including energetic show stoppers from his 1977 live album. Disc two concentrates on the performer's output from the '80s, including forays into lounge jazz ("When October Goes") and swing ("Hey Mambo"). This is a whole lot of Manilow, and should satisfy anyone looking for a comprehensive overview of the singer-songwriter's best material.
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 7 (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 5 (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE