The Lovin' Spoonful Do You Believe In Magic
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Byrds ~ The Byrds' Greatest Hits [Expanded] ~ $7.18
- by The Lovin' Spoonful ~ Greatest Hits ~ $7.18
- by The Lovin' Spoonful ~ Hums Of The Lovin' Spoonful ~ $11.98 (Save 20%)
- by The Lovin' Spoonful ~ Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful (180Gv) ~ $23.89
- by The New Vaudeville Band ~ Winchester Cathedral - A Golden Classics Edition ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Mojo (Publisher) - 7/02, p.54"...MAGIC stands as a glorious aural snapshot of the summer of 1965 in New York's Greenwich Village..."
Uncut (magazine) - p.1064 stars out of 5 -- "Debut album DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC was heavy on trad chestnuts, but still found space for self-penned sweet teen anthems."
- 1.Do You Believe In Magic
- 2.Blues In The Bottle
- 3.Sportin' Life
- 4.My Gal
- 5.You Baby
- 6.Fishin' Blues
- 7.Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- 8.Wild About My Lovin'
- 9.Other Side Of This Life
- 10.Younger Girl
- 11.On The Road Again
- 12.Night Owl Blues
- 13.Allep Oop (Bonus Track)
- 14.Younger Girl (Demo)
- 15.Blues In The Bottle (Alternate Vocal Version)
- 16.Wild About My Lovin' (Alternate Vocal Version)
- 17.Other Side Of This Life (Instrumental)
The Lovin' Spoonful: John Sebastian (vocals, guitar, autoharp, harmonica); Zal Yanovsky (vocals, guitar); Steve Boone (vocals, piano, bass); Joe Butler (vocals, drums).
Producer: Erik Jacobsen.
Reissue producers: Bob Irwin, Rob Santos.
Recorded at Bell Sound Studios, New York, New York and RCA Studios, Los Angeles, California.
Originally released on Kama Sutra (KLPS-8050).
Includes liner notes by Ben Edmonds.
The Lovin' Spoonful's 1965 debut set the tone for their entire career: summery good-time music with its roots in Greenwich Village's jugband folk scene of the early '60s. However, besides the massive hits of the title track and the slyly funny "Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?," a good chunk of this brief album consists of snappy, slightly electrified versions of traditional American folk songs like "Blues in the Bottle" and "The Sportin' Life." The combination of these slices of juiced-up trad folk and Brill Building pop, like the Mann/Weil hit "You Baby," works better than one might expect, because John Sebastian and Zal Yanovsky, the leaders of the group, seem to make no distinctions between the two styles. Later albums would be even poppier, but DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC has a folk-rockin' charm all its own.
KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,007
- UPC: 886972433127
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE