- Released: April 11, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: RCA
- 1.The Toast Of New Orleans: Be My Love
- 3.Very Warm For May: All The Things You Are
- 4.The Student Prince: Serenade
- 5.Rigoletto - La Donna e Mobile
- 6.Pagliacci: Vesti La Guibba
- 7.O Sole Mio
- 8.The Student Prince: Beloved
- 9.South Pacific: Younger Than Springtime
- 10.The Great Caruso: The Loveliest Night Of The Year
- 11.Carousel: If I Loved You
- 12.Carmen: Flower Song
- 13.The Student Prince: Golden Days
- 14.Spring Is Here: With A Song In My Heart
- 15.The Land Of Smiles: Yours Is My Heart Alone
- 16.Because You're Mine
- 17.Cavalleria Rusticana: Adido Alla Madre
- 18.Aida: Celeste Aida
- 19.The Lord's Prayer
Personnel: Mario Lanza (tenor).
Directors: Constantine Callinicos; Ray Sinatra.
Illustrator: Al Hirschfeld.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Henri Ren? & His Orchestra; Jeff Alexander Choir; RCA Victor Orchestra; Carlo Savina.
Recapping one of the great careers in a great century of music, Mario Lanza's GREATEST HITS provides a retrospective of one of the most beloved names in opera. His passion, energy, and voice endeared him to an audience far beyond the usual opera-going public. His career crossed into film and pop music as well.
GREATEST HITS starts off with his million-selling single "Be My Love," an impassioned plea by a bold lover. All of his most popular singles are included: "Loveliest Night of the Year", "Because You're Mine," and "Because."
Long-time opera fans will enjoy the entire collection, particularly the selections from 'Rigoletto' and 'Aida,' which show off Lanza's remarkable presence. However, the inclusion of many Broadway musical numbers (from "Carousel" and "South Pacific," among others), will win over new fans as well.
For those who remember Lanza, this collection serves as a tribute to his illustrious career. For those savoring his work for the first time, it serves as an accessible and enjoyable introduction.