Etta James Blues To The Bone
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.25 (11% Off)|
- Released: June 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: RCA Victor
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 51 ratings.
"Don't start me talkin'", This album will blow you away. Long time, long time Etta James fan. It's been a long time since I've had an album grab me this way. Maybe it's because we're both older, but there's a tone, a quality in Etta's voice...call it maturity if you will... deeper, fuller, rounder, like a fine aged wine, and she delivers it the same way. The musicians, two of which are her sons, are a perfect match to Etta's richer sound.
It's not often than you find a cover version that is equal to the original, its ever rarer when the cover is better, and in this case it is.
Sonny Boy Williamson, Elmore James, Jimmy Reed, Howlin' Wolf, if they were here, they'd tell you the same.
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE