Alan Jackson Greatest Hits, Volume II
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by George Strait ~ 50 Number Ones (2-CD) ~ $22.15
- by Alan Jackson ~ Drive ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Tim McGraw ~ Greatest Hits ~ $7.06
- by Alan Jackson ~ Very Best of Alan Jackson ~ $10.18
Products with a similar style:
- Released: August 12, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Arista
- 1.Little Bitty
- 2.Everything I Love
- 3.Who's Cheatin' Who
- 4.There Goes
- 5.I'll Go On Loving You
- 6.Right On The Money
- 7.Gone Crazy
- 8.Little Man
- 9.Pop A Top
- 10.The Blues Man
- 11.It Must Be Love
- 13.When Somebody Loves You
- 14.Where I Come From
- 15.Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)
- 16.Drive (For Daddy Gene)
- 17.It's Five O' Clock Somewhere
- 18.Remember When
Initial pressings of GREATEST HITS VOLUME 2 included a bonus CD.
Personnel: Alan Jackson (vocals, guitar); Jimmy Buffett (vocals); Bruce Watkins, Greenwood Hart (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar); Paul Franklin, Lloyd Green (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Glenn Worf (electric bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Eric Darken (percussion); John Wesley Ryles (background vocals).
Recorded at Emerald Entertainment's Tracking Room, The Sound Station, East Iris, Nashville, Tennessee; Shrimpboat Sound, Key West, Florida; McClear Digital, Toronto, Canada.
"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" won the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Country Song. The song was also nominated for Best Country Collaboration With Vocals.
Anyone who earns a second volume of GREATEST HITS has obviously learned a thing or two about staying power and consistency of artistic vision. Such is the case with Alan Jackson, who appeared in the 1990s as mainstream country's alternative to the dominance of King Garth. His sound was still eminently accessible, but the faux-Springsteen drama of Kiss fan Garth's rock manque was eschewed for a more roots-oriented (though hardly traditionalist) sound. Things kick off nicely with the Cajun-flavored smash "Little Bitty," then giving way to the introspective, fiddle-laced country ballad "Everything I Love." Along the way, there's the pleasantly chugging, upbeat "It Must Be Love," the much-publicized post-9/11 song "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)," thankfully absent of Toby Keith's contemporaneous jingoistic rancor, and the Jimmy Buffett-assisted party anthem "It's Five O' Clock Somewhere." Add a couple of unreleased tracks and a bonus disc of more obscure material, and you've got as good an introduction to Jackson's work as his first GREATEST HITS COLLECTION.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Aerosmith Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith (CD) ~ $7.18
Arthur Alexander The Greatest (CD) ~
$12.35 Super Savings
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Best Of Blue Collar Comedy (2-CD) ~ $13.94
Brooks & Dunn Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD) ~
$12.50 Super Savings
Carpenters Yesterday Once More  (2-CD) ~
$17.73 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE