Rosemary Clooney Rosie Solves The Swingin' Riddle!
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Kitty Kallen If I Give My Heart To You / Honky Tonk Angel (CD) ~ $9.73 (Save 35%)
- Released: June 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony Mod - Afw Line
- 1.Get Me To The Church On Time
- 3.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- 4.How Am I To Know?
- 5.You Took Advantage of Me
- 6.April In Paris
- 7.I Ain't Got Nobody (and Nobody Cares For Me)
- 8.Some of These Days
- 9.By Myself
- 10.Shine On Harvest Moon
- 11.Cabin In The Sky
- 12.Limehouse Blues
- 13.Without Love
- 14.Theme From 'Return To Peyton Place' (The Wonderful Season of Love)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Nelson Riddle (conductor, arranger); Abe Most, Wilbur Schwartz, Buddy Collette, Plas Johnson, Joe Koch (saxophone); Pete Candoli, Don Fagerquist, Carroll Lewis, Clarence Sherock (trumpet); Tommy Pederson, Tom Shephard, George Roberts (trombone); William Miller (piano): Al Hendrickson (guitar); Joe Comfort (bass); Frank Flynn, Alvin Stoller (drums).
Producer: Dick Pierce.
Reissue producer: Barry Feldman.
Recorded at RCA Victor's Music Center Of The World, Hollywood, California on May 25 & 27 and June 2, 1960. Originally released on RCA (2265). Includes liner notes by James Gavin and Nelson Riddle.
Personnel: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Rosemary Clooney; Bob Bain (guitar); Joe Koch, Harry Klee, Wilbur Schwartz (saxophone); Carroll Lewis, Pete Candoli, Pete Condoli (trumpet); Richard L. Noel (trombone); Joe Comfort (bass guitar); Frank Emilio Flynn, Frank Lynn (drums); Al Hendrickson (guitar); Abe Most, Plas Johnson (saxophone); Don Fagerquist (trumpet); George Roberts , Tommy Pederson (trombone); Bill Miller (piano); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Peter Cho.
Liner Note Authors: Peter Levinson; Peter Levinson.
Recording information: RCA (05/25/1960-06/02/1960); Victor Studio 1, Hollywood, CA (05/25/1960-06/02/1960).
Arranger: Nelson Riddle.
Without doubt, vocalist Rosemary Clooney was one of the best interpreters of the Great American Songbook. On this 1960 meeting with legendary bandleader and arranger Nelson Riddle, Clooney is heard in fine form. Recorded during a period when she and Riddle were entangled in a steamy extramarital affair, this album is predictably quite romantic and carefree. Clooney later confessed that this was one of the most inspired periods of her life, due to her personal relationship with Riddle. Many standards are heard on this release, including an assertive "I Get Along Without You Very Well," an upbeat "April in Paris," and a swinging "Some of These Days." The little-known songs "Shine on Harvest Moon" and "Angry" round out this set of otherwise familiar Broadway tunes quite well. Riddle's orchestra swings hard on all 14 tracks, and a real simpatico is created between Clooney and the accompanying musicians.
Rosemary ClooneyThe Rosemary Clooney Show: Songs from the Classic...
$10.56 Super Savings
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE