Rosemary Clooney Rosie Solves The Swingin' Riddle!
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Linda Ronstadt ~ Duets ~ $9.44
- by Rosemary Clooney ~ Everything's Coming Up Rosie ~ $10.56
- by Rosemary Clooney ~ Jazz Singer ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Rosemary Clooney ~ The Rosemary Clooney Show: Songs from the Classic Television Show ~ $10.56
- by Rosemary Clooney ~ Rosemary Clooney Sings the Songs of Ira Gershwin ~ $17.08
Products with a similar style:
- Kitty Kallen If I Give My Heart To You / Honky Tonk Angel (CD) ~ $9.73 (Save 35%)
- Released: June 8, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony Mod - Afw Line
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Get Me To The Church On Time
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Angry
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- $0.99 on iTunes4.How Am I To Know?
- $0.99 on iTunes5.You Took Advantage of Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.April In Paris
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Ain't Got Nobody (and Nobody Cares For Me)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Some of These Days
- $0.99 on iTunes9.By Myself
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Shine On Harvest Moon
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Cabin In The Sky
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Limehouse Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Without Love
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Theme From 'Return To Peyton Place' (The Wonderful Season of Love)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Nelson Riddle (conductor, arranger); Abe Most, Wilbur Schwartz, Buddy Collette, Plas Johnson, Joe Koch (saxophone); Pete Candoli, Don Fagerquist, Carroll Lewis, Clarence Sherock (trumpet); Tommy Pederson, Tom Shephard, George Roberts (trombone); William Miller (piano): Al Hendrickson (guitar); Joe Comfort (bass); Frank Flynn, Alvin Stoller (drums).
Producer: Dick Pierce.
Reissue producer: Barry Feldman.
Recorded at RCA Victor's Music Center Of The World, Hollywood, California on May 25 & 27 and June 2, 1960. Originally released on RCA (2265). Includes liner notes by James Gavin and Nelson Riddle.
Personnel: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Rosemary Clooney; Bob Bain (guitar); Joe Koch, Harry Klee, Wilbur Schwartz (saxophone); Carroll Lewis, Pete Condoli, Pete Candoli (trumpet); Richard L. Noel (trombone); Joe Comfort (bass guitar); Frank Emilio Flynn, Frank Lynn (drums); Al Hendrickson (guitar); Abe Most, Plas Johnson (saxophone); Don Fagerquist (trumpet); George Roberts , Tommy Pederson (trombone); Bill Miller (piano); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Peter Cho.
Liner Note Author: Peter Levinson.
Recording information: RCA (05/25/1960-06/02/1960); Victor Studio 1, Hollywood, CA (05/25/1960-06/02/1960).
Arranger: Nelson Riddle.
Without doubt, vocalist Rosemary Clooney was one of the best interpreters of the Great American Songbook. On this 1960 meeting with legendary bandleader and arranger Nelson Riddle, Clooney is heard in fine form. Recorded during a period when she and Riddle were entangled in a steamy extramarital affair, this album is predictably quite romantic and carefree. Clooney later confessed that this was one of the most inspired periods of her life, due to her personal relationship with Riddle. Many standards are heard on this release, including an assertive "I Get Along Without You Very Well," an upbeat "April in Paris," and a swinging "Some of These Days." The little-known songs "Shine on Harvest Moon" and "Angry" round out this set of otherwise familiar Broadway tunes quite well. Riddle's orchestra swings hard on all 14 tracks, and a real simpatico is created between Clooney and the accompanying musicians.
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Big City Christmas: 30 Groovin' and Croonin' Christmas Tunes (CD)
$10.87 Super Savings
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE