Brooks & Dunn Greatest Hits Collection II
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Products with a similar style:
- Toby Keith 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Toby Keith (CD) ~ $8.34
- George Strait #7 (CD) ~ $5.97
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band The Best of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band [Curb] (CD) ~ $10.25
- Released: October 19, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Arista
- 1.That's What It's All About
- 2.How Long Gone
- 3.Ain't Nothing 'Bout You
- 4.The Long Goodbye
- 5.My Heart Is Lost To You
- 6.I Can't Get Over You
- 7.Red Dirt Road
- 8.Husbands And Wives
- 9.That's What She Gets For Loving Me
- 10.You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl
- 11.It's Getting Better All The Time
- 12.Only In America
- 13.A Man This Lonely
- 14.Independent Trucker
- 15.I'll Never Forgive My Heart
- 16.If You See Him / If You See Her
- 17.South Of Santa Fe
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Brooks & Dunn: Kix Brooks, Ronnie Dunn (vocals, guitar).
Personnel: John Willis (acoustic guitar); Kenny Greenberg, J.T. Corenflos (electric guitar); Dan Dugmore (steel guitar); Larry Franklin (mandolin, fiddle); Sari Reist, Kristin Wilkinson, Anthony LaMarchina, David Davidson , David Angell (strings); Reese Wynans, Steve Nathan (piano); Chad Cromwell (drums); Eric Darken (percussion); Crystal Taliefero, John Wesley Ryles, Wes Hightower, Bekka Bramlett, Kim Fleming, Perry Coleman (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Reba McEntire (vocals).
Audio Mixer: Steve Marcantonio.
Recording information: Dos Barn; Emerald Entertainment; The Sound Kitchen, Nashville, TN; The Tin Ear.
Photographer: Russ Harrington.
Arranger: Kristin Wilkinson.
There's no denying that Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn ruled the pop/country roost throughout the 1990s, but this second volume of Brooks & Dunn hits shows that the phenomenally successful duo kept chugging along well beyond their early-'90s heyday. It's mainly occupied by tracks from the late '90s and early 2000s, interspersed with a few new bonus cuts to keep the faithful on board. Those who've kept up with the twosome's career will be familiar with the ground covered by the hits, from the old-school barroom weeper "I'll Never Forgive My Heart" to the nostalgic Bob Seger-goes-to-Nashville country-rock title track of the duo's 2003 album, RED DIRT ROAD.
As for the new songs, they run the gamut; the jubilant "That's What It's All About" is full of lustrous production and catchy pop choruses, "It's Getting Better All the Time" is a gentle, piano-laced ballad, and "Independent Trucker" is a high-octane, road-themed twangfest. Those who wrote off Brooks & Dunn somewhere in the middle of the '90s will be caught up short by THE GREATEST HITS COLLECTION II.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 Super Savings
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE