Clint Black Greatest Hits II
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: November 19, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: RCA
- 1.The Shoes You're Wearing
- 2.Nothin' But The Taillights
- 3.Nothing's News
- 4.Walkin' Away
- 5.When My Ship Comes In
- 6.Something That We Do
- 7.When I Said I Do (with Lisa Hartman Black)
- 8.Been There (with Steve Wariner)
- 9.Still Holding On (with Martina McBride)
- 10.Nobody's Home
- 11.One More Payment
- 12.One Emotion
- 13.Easy For Me To Say (with Lisa Hartman Black)
- 14.Little Pearl And Lily's Lullaby
- 15.Money Or Love
- 16.Put Yourself In My Shoes (blues version)
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
CLINT BLACK GREATEST HITS II includes 4 songs of new material.
Personnel includes: Clint Black (vocals, guitar, classical guitar); Lisa Hartman Black, Steve Wariner, Martina McBride (vocals); Dean Parks, George Doering (acoustic guitar); Hayden Nicholas (electric guitar); Thomas Peterson (saxophone); Lee Thornberg (trumpet); Wendell Kelly (trombone); Randy Kerber (piano, celeste, music box); Matt Rollings (piano); Leland Sklar, Chuck Domanico (bass); John Robinson (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion).
Producers: Clint Black, James Stroud, Mark Wright.
Compilation producer: Clint Black.
Personnel: Clint Black (electric guitar, classical guitar, background vocals); Lisa Hartman-Black (vocals); Dean Parks (acoustic guitar); Hayden Nicholas (electric guitar); Thomas R. Peterson (saxophone); Lee Thornburg (trumpet); Wendell Kelly (trombone); Matt Rollings (piano, Wurlitzer organ); Randy Kerber (piano, music box); John "J.R." Robinson (drums); Lenny Castro (percussion); Steve Real (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Julian King; Darrell Thorp.
Recording information: Black's Lab, Beverly Hills, CA; Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Conway Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Any artist who's able to put out a second volume of hits must be doing something right. In the case of contempo-country megastar Clint Black, that particular something is a knack for striking just the right balance between old-school country music values and modern, pop-oriented songcraft and production. As GREATEST HITS II makes undeniably clear, Black walks that line with commitment and aplomb. On "Nothing's New" Black observes that "there's nothing like a steel guitar crying at night" and his assertion is borne out by the tune's arrangement. Traditionalist signifiers like this brush up shoulder to shoulder against the widescreen, pop-friendly production of "The Shoes You're Wearing" and "Still Holding On" (wherein Black duets with country thrush Martina McBride). It's just this kind of juxataposition and resultant cross-contextualization that enlivens Black's work. And for hardcore fans who've already got all Black's albums, four new tunes are included as a pot-sweetener.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE