Harry Belafonte Platinum & Gold Collection
|You Save:||$0.35 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Crests ~ Greatest Hits ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: March 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: RCA
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers include: Hy Grill, Dave Kapp, Joe Carlton, Bob Ballard, Andy Wiswell.
Compilation producer: Gretchen Brennison.
Recorded between 1952 & 1967. Includes liner notes by Scott Schinder.
This is part of BMG's Platinum & Gold Collection series.
Personnel: Victor Messer, Millard Thomas, Frantz Casseus (guitar); Bob Dylan (harmonica).
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Arrangers: Harry Belafonte; Huddie Ledbetter; Alan Lomax; Marty Manning.
This brief anthology collects some of the highlights of Harry Belafonte's long stint at RCA Victor from 1952 until his exit from the label's roster in 1972. While at RCA Belafonte was instrumental in introducing world music styles into the pop mainstream, and his tireless endorsement of folk music across all cultures led to a series of releases that were wonderfully varied. The strongest cuts on this collection are the three West Indies pieces, "Hold 'Em Joe," "Mama Look a Boo Boo," and Belafonte's biggest and most enduring hit, "The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)," an inspired arrangement of an old Caribbean work song. ~ Steve Leggett
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 5 (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE