Bobby Bare The Best of Bobby Bare [Razor & Tie]
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Bobby Bare ~ 16 Biggest Hits ~ $6.02
- by Bobby Bare ~ Bobby Bare Sings Lullabys, Legends and Lies ~ $22.49
Products with a similar style:
- Tom T. Hall American Legends: Country Classics (CD) ~ $5.97
- Tom T. Hall The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.31
- Released: August 9, 1994
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Razor & Tie
- 1.The All-American Boy
- 2.I'd Fight The World
- 3.Detroit City
- 4.500 Miles Away From Home
- 5.Miller's Cave
- 6.Have I Stayed Away Too Long
- 7.Long Black Limousine
- 8.Four Strong Winds
- 9.When The Wind Blows (In Chicago)
- 10.Just To Satisfy You
- 11.The Long Black Veil
- 12.The Streets Of Baltimore
- 14.Green, Green Grass Of Home
- 15.The Game Of Triangles
- 16.Charleston Railroad Tavern
- 17.Chicken Every Sunday
- 18.(Margie's At) The Lincoln Park Inn
- 19.God Bless America Again
- 20.Your Husband, My Wife
- 21.Come On Home And Sing The Blues To Daddy
Personnel: Bobby Bare (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Jimmy Guterman.
Recording information: 11/02/1962-09/25/1969.
Arrangers: Don Tweedy; Hank Levine.
In the '60s and '70s, Bobby Bare provided the crucial link between the "mainstream" and "outlaw" branches of country music's family tree. His big, burly voice and amiable, guy-next-door delivery were the perfect vehicle for tracks that combined honky tonk verities with a splash of commercial production techniques and a fair dose of rough-and-ready outlaw stance (Though Bare always came across too friendly to start any real trouble; he seemed more likely to just get good and stewed and wind up sleeping on someone's front lawn). THE BEST OF BOBBY BARE hits many of the highlights of Bare's hit-filled career. While it's light on his great '70s collaborations with songwriter Shel Silverstein, you get the deceptively cheery-sounding murder ballad "Miller's Cave," the chugging "Detroit City," the Tom T. Hall adultery tableau "Margie's at the Lincoln Park Inn," and many more.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE