John Anderson Greatest Hits [BNA]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: RCA
Entertainment Weekly - 1/10/97, p.59"...Although his post-Warner Brothers years at MCA and Capitol are missing here, there's still plenty to please from his BNA period that followed....all delivered in Anderson's inimitable swamp-creature baritone." - Rating: B+
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Money In The Bank
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Seminole Wind
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Straight Tequila Night
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Wish I Could of Been There
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I Fell In The Water
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I've Got It Made
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Keep Your Hands To Yourself
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Mississippi Moon
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Swingin'
- $0.99 on iTunes10.When It Comes To You
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Long Hard Lesson Learned
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Let Go of The Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Country 'Til I Die
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Who Got Our Love
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Bend It Till It Breaks
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: James Stroud, John Anderson.
Compilation producer: Glenn Meadows.
Personnel: John Anderson (vocals, guitar).
Photographer: Peter Nash .
Heralded as "country music's first new traditionalist," Anderson and singers like Emmylou Harris were reestablishing the primacy of pure country music throughout the early ‘80's. After winning the Country Music Association's prestigious "Horizon" award in 1983, Anderson stayed true to his roots through several lean years. Eventually, however, he became recognized internationally for his unique musical vision and stylistic integrity.
GREATEST HITS documents the songs that made Anderson famous throughout his nearly twenty years in the public spotlight. Songs such as "I Wish I Could've Been There" and the Mark Knopfler song, "When It Comes To You," are poignant laments about love. The former focuses on familial love, especially the pangs of missing one's children growing up. "When It Comes to You" revolves around an ailing love affair. On this tune, Anderson sings, "You been givin' me bad times" in a quiet, deep baritone voice. Finally, Anderson's highly touted, self-penned composition, "Seminole Wind" is also found on this compilation. A song about tribal wisdom and the destruction of the earth, "Seminole Wind" is a "new traditionalist" anthem.
Marty RobbinsStory of My Life: The Best of Marty Robbins 1952-1965 (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 24 ratings.
Based on 24 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,952
- UPC: 888751057227
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 4 Runner That Was Him (This is Now) / Let the Good Times Roll (45) ~ $4
- 77 El Deora Hammer and Tongs (CD) ~ $17.08
Josh Abbott Band
Until My Voice Goes Out (CD)
$9.41 Super Savings
20 All Time Best Sellers (CD)
$10.13 Super Savings
20 All Time Favorites (CD)
$12.06 Super Savings