John Anderson Greatest Hits [BNA]
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Keith Whitley ~ 16 Biggest Hits ~ $5.97
- by Earl Thomas Conley ~ The Essential Earl Thomas Conley ~ $5.97
- by Vern Gosdin ~ Super Hits ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Randy Travis ~ The Very Best of Randy Travis ~ $17.08
Products with a similar style:
- Lorrie Morgan All American Country (CD) ~ $3.99 (Save 50%)
- Released: October 15, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: RCA
Entertainment Weekly - 1/10/97, p.59"...Although his post-Warner Brothers years at MCA and Capitol are missing here, there's still plenty to please from his BNA period that followed....all delivered in Anderson's inimitable swamp-creature baritone." - Rating: B+
- 1.Money In The Bank
- 2.Seminole Wind
- 3.Straight Tequila Night
- 4.I Wish I Could of Been There
- 5.I Fell In The Water
- 6.I've Got It Made
- 7.Keep Your Hands To Yourself
- 8.Mississippi Moon
- 10.When It Comes To You
- 11.Long Hard Lesson Learned
- 12.Let Go of The Stone
- 13.Country 'Til I Die
- 14.Who Got Our Love
- 15.Bend It Till It Breaks
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: James Stroud, John Anderson.
Compilation producer: Glenn Meadows.
Personnel: John Anderson (vocals, guitar).
Photographer: Peter Nash .
Heralded as "country music's first new traditionalist," Anderson and singers like Emmylou Harris were reestablishing the primacy of pure country music throughout the early ‘80's. After winning the Country Music Association's prestigious "Horizon" award in 1983, Anderson stayed true to his roots through several lean years. Eventually, however, he became recognized internationally for his unique musical vision and stylistic integrity.
GREATEST HITS documents the songs that made Anderson famous throughout his nearly twenty years in the public spotlight. Songs such as "I Wish I Could've Been There" and the Mark Knopfler song, "When It Comes To You," are poignant laments about love. The former focuses on familial love, especially the pangs of missing one's children growing up. "When It Comes to You" revolves around an ailing love affair. On this tune, Anderson sings, "You been givin' me bad times" in a quiet, deep baritone voice. Finally, Anderson's highly touted, self-penned composition, "Seminole Wind" is also found on this compilation. A song about tribal wisdom and the destruction of the earth, "Seminole Wind" is a "new traditionalist" anthem.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 6,200
- UPC: 888751057227
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
Country: Honkytonk Music Categories:
- Roy Acuff Columbia Historic Edition (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Roy Acuff The Essential 1936-1949 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Roy Acuff King of Country Music [TeeVee] (CD) ~
$12.06 Super Savings
- Roy Acuff The Very Best of Wabash Cannonball (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Charlie Adams Cattin' Around (CD) ~
$20.91 Super Savings