The Soul Children The Soul Children / Best of Two Worlds
14 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- The Dramatics The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $8.84
- Eddie Kendricks The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.48
- Released: April 24, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Stax
- 1.I'll Understand
- 2.Move Over
- 3.When Tomorrow Comes
- 4.The Sweeter He Is (Parts 1 & 2)
- 5.Tighten Up My Thang
- 6.Give 'Em Love
- 7.Doin' Our Thang
- 8.Take Up The Slack
- 9.Super Soul
- 10.May Baby Specializes
- 11.Bring It Here
- 12.Thanks For A Precious Nothing
- 13.Put Your World In My World
- 14.Give Me One Good Reason Why
- 15.Got To Get Away From It All
- 16.The Hang Ups of Holding On (Parts 1 & 2)
- 17.Wrap It Up Tonight
- 18.Let's Make A Sweet Thing Sweeter
- 19.Finish Me Off
- 20.Don't Break Away
Soul Children: J. Blackfoot, Norman West, Anita Louis, Shelbra Bennett.
Additional personnel: Ben Cauley, Mickey Gregory, Joe Arnold, Tommie Lee Williams, Booker T. Jones, Isaac Hayes, Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, James Alexander, Al Jackson, Jr., Ronnie Williams, Barry Beckett, Jimmy Johnson, Wayne Perkins, David Hood, Roger Hawkins.
Recorded in 1968.
Personnel: Jimmy Johnson , Steve Cropper, Wayne Perkins (guitar); Joe Arnold, Tommy Lee Williams (saxophone); Mickey Gregory , Ben Cauley (trumpet); Ronnie Williams, Isaac Hayes (piano); Barry Beckett (organ); Booker T. Jones (keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. , Roger Hawkins (drums).
Audio Remixer: Ron Capone.
Liner Note Author: Rob Bowman.
Recording information: Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Muscle Shoals, AL (02/1968-09/1970); Satellite Recording Studios, Memphis (02/1968-09/1970); Universal Studios, Memphis (02/1968-09/1970).
Photographers: Billy Speer; Bob Smith.
Arrangers: Dale Warren; David Porter; Ronnie Williams; Isaac Hayes.
Two vintage albums by the Soul Children for the price of one CD. Half the productions are by their mentors Isaac Hayes and David Porter, the other half by Porter and his subsequent partner Ronnie Williams. Deep soul sagas the magnitude of "I'll Understand," "Move Over," and "Tighten Up My Thang" provided the paradigm for future Soul Children producers. The Porter/Williams productions are more consistent, but none are as brilliant as the few gems by Hayes and Porter. But whatever the Soul Children sing, their golden voices make even the most hackneyed cuts interesting. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The Complete Stax / Volt Singles, Volume 3 (1972-1975)... (CD)
Wattstax: The Living Word (Live Concert Music From The... (CD)
The Complete Stax / Volt Singles, Volume 2 (1968-1971)... (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
BEST OF TWO WORLDS.SOUL CHILDREN Music Lover: Pearl Lassic from Hayneville, AL US -- October, 12, 2007
I AM SO EXCITED TO FIND THIS CD. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING EVERYWHERE. IF THIS CD COST $1,000.00 I WOULD HAPPILY HAVE PAID THAT, THATS HOW THRILLED I AM.
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE