Mel & Tim Starting All Over Again
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Jerry Butler The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $8.84
- Joe Simon Chokin' Kind - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $8.48
- Jerry Butler Greatest Hits [Evergreen] (CD) ~ $13.25
- Released: October 15, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Stax
Q - 4/93, p.1013 Stars - Good - "...one of the great Southern soul records....no soul collection would be complete without this particular gem..."
- 1.Don't Mess With My Money, My Honey, Or My Woman
- 2.Starting All Over Again
- 3.I May Not Be What You Want
- 4.Carry Me
- 5.Free For All
- 6.Heaven Knows
- 7.Wrap It Up
- 8.What's Your Name
- 9.I'm Your Puppet
- 10.Too Much Wheelin' And Dealin'
- 11.Forever In A Day
- 12.It's Those Little Things That Count
- 13.The Same Folk
- 14.Yes, We Can-Can
Personnel: Mel, Tim, Barry Beckett, Harrison Calloway, Pete Carr, Ben Cauley, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Ronnie Eades, Roger Hawkins, David Hood, Clayton Ivey, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Masters, Randy McCormick, Charles Rose, Harvey Thompson, Memphis Symphony Orchestra.
Recorded in May 1972.
Personnel: Mel Hardin, Tim McPherson (vocals); Jimmy Johnson , Pete Carr (guitar); The Memphis Symphony Orchestra (strings, horns); Harvey Thompson (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Eades (baritone saxophone); Harrison Calloway (trumpet, horns); Zinnie Tanno, Ben Cauley (trumpet); Charles Rose (trombone); Clayton Ivey (organ); Randy McCormick, Barry Beckett (keyboards); Roger Hawkins (drums, percussion); Rhodes-Chalmers-Rhodes, Sam Phillips (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Jerry Masters; Barry Beckett.
Audio Remasterer: Phil DeLancie.
Audio Remixers: Dave Purple; Jerry Masters.
Recording information: Muscle Shoals Sound Studios (05/1972).
Photographer: Maldwin Hamlin.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Clayton Ivey; Jimmy Johnson ; David Hood; Donald "Duck" Dunn; Harrison Calloway; Jerry Masters; Knox Phillips; The Memphis Symphony Orchestra; Mike Lewis ; Pete Carr ; Randy McCormick; Roger Hawkins; Muscle Shoals Horns; Barry Beckett; Ben Cauley; Charles Rose; Harvey Thompson; Ronnie Eades.
Arranger: Johnny Allen.
Mel & Tim were a classic Chicago soul vocal duo, recording in Muscle Shoals in the deep South for Stax and making records that fit comfortably next to those made in Philadelphia. It may sound incongruous, but their 1972 album, Starting All Over Again -- released on CD with four bonus tracks -- is a wonderful record that blends the sweet production of Philly with tight southern rhythms and Windy City harmony. And that's not even mentioning an impeccable set of songs; many written or co-written by Phillip Mitchell, along with sharp covers of soul classics like "Wrap It Up" and "I'm Your Puppet." The title track is a stone masterpiece -- an epic tale of a couple trying to repair their love -- but the rest of the album isn't far behind. In fact, it ranks as one of the finest soul albums of the early '70s. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
The Complete Stax / Volt Singles, Volume 3 (1972-1975)... (CD)
Oldies But Goodies, Volume 15 (Golden Anniversary) (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Right Tracks: The Complete OKeh Recordings 1963-1966 (CD)
$24.65 LABOR DAY
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE