Dannii Minogue Love & Kisses
|You Save:||$2.40 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Dannii Minogue ~ The 1995 Sessions: Demo Recordings ~ $14.72
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: December 7, 2009
- Label: Palare Records
- 1.Love and Kisses (Dancin' Danny D 7")
- 2.Success (Bruce Forest 7")
- 3.So Hard To Forget
- 4.Party Jam (Original Album Version)
- 7.Jump To The Beat (Album Version)
- 8.Call To Your Heart (Original Album Version)
- 9.I Don't Wanna Take This Pain (L. A. Master Mix)
- 10.Love Traffic
- 11.Baby Love (Original Version)
- 12.True Lovers
- 13.Hallucination [5:59]
- 14.Party Jam (Bruce Forest 7")
- 15.Jump To The Beat (La 7" Mix)
- 16.Baby Love (Silky 70's Edit)
- 17.Love and Kisses (12" Mix)
- 18.Success (12" Mix)
- 19.Jump To The Beat (12" Mix)
- 20.Baby Love (Silky 70's 12")
- 21.I Don't Wanna Take This Pain (La 12" Mix)
- 22.True Lovers (12")
- 23.Love and Kisses (House Mix)
- 24.Success (Expensive Mix)
- 25.Baby Love (E - Smooves 12" Mix)
- 26.Success (Junior's Big House Mix)
- 27.Baby Love (Maurice's Love Dub)
Dannii is Kylie Minogue's sister.
Photographer: Simon Fowler .
Kylie Minogue's younger sister attracted a good deal of scorn when she launched her own pop career in 1991 with Love and Kisses. In spite of her critics, however, Minogue Jr. managed to spin an impressive five hit singles from her debut album. It is often overlooked that she was actually a singer before her sister, on Australian television shows like Young Talent Time. Her voice is as strong as her sister's, if not stronger, although it has a slight nasal quality which can make her phrasing a little difficult to distinguish. She would rectify this problem on her later recordings. The songs on Love and Kisses are heavily indebted to the New Jack swing and R&B sounds prevalent on the American charts at the time. This approach has mixed results. The title track is an entertaining piece of fluff but it has dated badly, particularly the cringe-worthy rap section. Second single "Success" is even worse, and its aspirational lyrics became something of an albatross for Minogue given her struggle to achieve the career momentum of her sister. However "Baby Love," originally recorded by Regina Belle, is a genuinely credible early-'90s house number which benefited from a number of highly popular remixes, signalling the direction Dannii's career would take in the late '90s and into the 21st century. Elsewhere on the album, a fairly perfunctory cover of Stacy Lattisaw's "Jump to the Beat" kept Dannii in the charts, but adds nothing to the original. Other tracks are largely forgettable filler. A somewhat entertaining collection of early-'90s pop music, but the singles are available on Dannii's excellent The Hits & Beyond compilation, rendering this an album for purists only. ~ John Lucas
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!