Albert King Wednesday Night in San Francisco (Live)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 20, 1990
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Stax
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Willie James Exon (guitar); James Washington (organ); Roosevelt Pointer (bass); Theotis Morgan (drum).
Recorded live at Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, California on June 26, 1968. Includes liner notes by Lee Hildebrand.
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Willie James Exon (guitar); James Washington (organ); Thiotis Morgan (drums).
Audio Remixer: Danny Kopelson.
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Recording information: San Francico (06/26/1968).
Unknown Contributor Roles: James Washington; Roosevelt Pointer; Thiotis Morgan; Willie James Exon.
Recorded in 1968, along with LIVE WIRE/BLUES POWER and Thursday NIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO, this Albert King concert album shines the spotlight on a blues legend playing at the height of his powers. On this seven-song set at San Francisco's Fillmore Auditorium, the St. Louis-based guitarist truly gets his mojo working and schools the predominantly hippie crowd in the ways of the blues, offering up sinister, simmering takes on classics such as "I Get Evil" and "Born Under a Bad Sign." Although King is backed by a band on this date, the group is wise enough to stick to minimal accompaniment, allowing King's bold, expressive vocals and electrifying lead work to carry each song. As on LIVE WIRE/BLUES POWER, King opens with an upbeat cover of Herbie Hancock's soul-jazz hit "Watermelon Man," proving that the staunch bluesman could certainly mix it up if he felt so inclined. While many other fine King live recordings are available, this is one of his best--essential for devoted fans.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE