Albert King The Lost Session
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Stax
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Lee King (guitar); John Mayall (12-string guitar, harmonica, piano, organ); Clifford Solomon (alto & tenor saxophones); Ernie Watts (tenor saxophone); Blue Mitchell (trumpet); Larry Taylor (bass); Ron Selico (drums).
Recorded at Wolfman Jack Studios, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Lee Hildebrand.
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Lee King (guitar); John Mayall (12-string guitar, harmonica, piano, organ); Clifford Solomon (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Ernie Watts (tenor saxophone); Blue Mitchell (trumpet); Kevin (piano, organ); Ron Selico (drums).
Audio Remixer: Danny Kopelson.
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Recording information: Wolfman Jack Studios, Los Angeles, CA (08/28/1971).
Photographer: Phil Bray.
The tapes of this Albert King/John Mayall album were discovered by Bill Belmont in 1986 while rummaging through the Stax vaults looking for Albert King tapes for an album of unreleased blues material. It was produced by John Mayall at Wolfman Jack Studios in Los Angeles on August 28, 1971.
As to why it wasn't released at the time of its recording, Mayall said "The intent was to make it different from the Stax sound. I accomplished that but also got it canned because Stax obviously couldn't cope with that. It didn't sound like their stuff, so they didn't release it."
It is an inspired pairing of King, one of the most influential guitar stylist of the modern blues, and Mayall, the chief conceptualist of the British blues revival of the Sixties. It sounds different from anything King had recorded before or since, a three-way fusion of Mississippi Delta blues, British blues, and Los Angeles jazz.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Blues genre:
- Lightnin' Hopkins Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Old Town Records Presents City Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Mississippi John Hurt Satisfying Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Old Town Records Presents Country Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Lead Belly Defense Blues - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE