Albert King The Blues Don't Change
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.99 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 15, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Stax
- $1.29 on iTunes1.The Blues Don't Change
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I'm Doing Fine
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Nice To Be Nice (Ain't That Nice)
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Oh, Pretty Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes5.King of Kings
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Feel The Need
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Firing Line (I Don't Play With Your Woman, You Don't Play With Mine)
- $1.29 on iTunes8.The Pinch Paid Off (Part I)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Pinch Paid Off (Part Ii)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.I Can't Stand The Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Ain't It Beautiful
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Michael Toles, Vernon Burch, Bobby Manuel (guitar); Lester Snell, Marvell Thomas, Winston Stewart (keyboards); Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass); Earl Thomas, Al Jackson, Jr. (drums), Willie Hall, William C. Brown III, Henry Bush, Hot Butter & Soul (background vocals); The Memphis Horns.
Recorded in March 1973 & April 1974.
Personnel: Albert King (vocals, guitar); Vernon Burch, Michael Toles, Bobby Manuel (guitar); The Memphis Horns (horns); Lester Snell, Marvell Thomas, Winston Stewart (keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. , Willie Hall (drums); Hot Buttered Soul Unlimited, Henry Bush, William Brown (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Phil DeLancie.
Recording information: Stax Recording Studio, Memphis, TN (03/06/1973-07/??/1974); Stax Studios, Memphis (03/06/1973-07/??/1974).
Photographer: Jim Marshall .
Unknown Contributor Roles: Donald "Duck" Dunn; Earl Thomas ; Vernon Burch; Al Jackson, Jr. ; Lester Snell; Henry Bush; Marvell Thomas; Michael Toles; The Memphis Horns; William Brown ; Willie Hall; Winston Stewart; Bobby Manuel.
Previously titled The Pinch when it was issued on LP in 1977, this material was actually recorded in 1973 and 1974. These are some of King's most soul-oriented sessions, with contributions from the Memphis Horns and a couple of the MG's. Blues-oriented fans may find this one of his lesser efforts, putting less emphasis on King's guitar work than usual, and more on the vocals and arrangements. This approach has its merits, though, as it's one of the more relaxed items in the King catalog, with none of the occasional excess that creeped into his blues guitar solos. ~ Richie Unterberger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE