Isaac Hayes Live At Sahara Tahoe (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: September 7, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Stax
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Theme From 'Shaft'
- $0.99 on iTunes2.The Come On
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Light My Fire
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Ike's Rap V
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Never Can Say Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Windows Of The World
- $1.29 on iTunes7.The Look Of Love
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Ellie's Love Theme
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Use Me
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Do Your Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Theme From 'The Men'
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Isaac Hayes (piano, organ, alto saxophone, vibes, tambourine, vocals); Charles "Skip" Pitts, Anthony Shinault, Sammy Watts (guitar); William Taylor, Mike Gregory, Ben Cauley (trumpet, flugelhorn); Floyd Newman (baritone saxophone, flute); Emerson Able (alto saxophone, flute); William Easley, Calvin Bennett, Tommy Williams (tenor saxophone, flute); Lester Snell (keyboards); William Murphy (bass); Sidney Kirk, Willie Hall (drums); Gary Jones (percussion, congas); Hot Buttered Soul Ltd. (background vocals); Al Trouti Orchestra, Memphis Symphony Orchestra.
Engineers: William Brown, Henry Bush, Dave Purple, Pete Bishop.
Recorded live at the Sahara Tahoe, with some re-recording done at Stax Records. Originally released on Enterprise (2-5005). Includes liner notes by Leonard Feather.
Digital mastering by George Horn (1989, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley).
Personnel: Isaac Hayes (alto saxophone, piano, organ, vibraphone, tambourine); Charles "Skip" Pitts, Anthony Shinault (guitar); Sammy Watts (acoustic guitar); Emerson Able (flute, alto saxophone); William Easley, Tommy Williams , Calvin Bennett (flute, tenor saxophone); Floyd Newman (flute, baritone saxophone); Mickey Gregory , William Taylor , Ben Cauley (trumpet, flugelhorn); Lester Snell, Sidney Kirk (keyboards); Willie Hall (drums); Gary Jones (congas, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Leonard Feather.
Recording information: The Sahara Tahoe.
Photographers: David Rose; Frederick Toma; Howard Bingham.
Arranger: Isaac Hayes.
You could expect Isaac Hayes to be in his element at a resort venue -- lounge soul was his forte, and this double album offers almost two hours of it. Hayes demonstrates his versatility by getting "Shaft" out of the way right off the bat and alternating between originals and covers of a wide range of tunes, including "Light My Fire," "Never Can Say Goodbye," "Rock Me Baby," "Stormy Monday Blues," "Feelin' Alright," and "It's Too Late" (yes, the Carole King song). Often these are linked together, of course, by Hayes' brotherly raps; for Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine," he tests the limits, stretching the tune just past the ten-minute mark. ~ Richie Unterberger
Isaac HayesDouble Feature: Music From The Soundtracks of "Three Tough...
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
For Love of Liberty: The Story of America's Black Patriots (DVD)(4)
$4.98 on SALE
WDAS 105.3FM - Soulful Christmas, Volumes 1 & 2 (2-CD Box...(4)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$8.34 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE