Eddie Floyd Rare Stamps / I've Never Found a Girl
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Johnnie Taylor Chronicle - 20 Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $13.43
- Johnnie Taylor Disco 9000 (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Johnnie Taylor Lifetime: A Retrospective of Soul, Blues & Gospel, 1956-1999 (3-CD Box Set) ~ $24.19
- Released: June 23, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Stax
- 1.Bring It On Home To Me
- 2.Never Give You Up
- 3.Girl I Love You
- 5.I Need You Woman
- 6.I've Never Found A Girl
- 7.I'll Take Her
- 8.Slip Away
- 9.I'm Just The Kind of Fool
- 11.Sweet Things You Do
- 12.Knock On Wood
- 13.Raise Your Hand
- 14.Love Is A Doggone Good Thing
- 15.On A Saturday Night
- 16.Things Get Better (Mono)
- 17.Big Bird (Mono)
- 18.Got To Make A Comeback
- 19.I've Just Been Feeling Bad
- 20.This House
- 21.I've Got To Have Your Love
- 22.Consider Me (Mono)
- 23.Never Let You Go (Duet With Mavis Staples)
- 24.Ain't That Good (Duet With Mavis Staples)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Eddie Floyd (vocals); Steve Cropper (guitar); Andrew Love (saxophone, tenor saxophone); Wayne Jackson (trumpet); Joe Arnold, Ben Cauley, Ed Logan (horns); Isaac Hayes (piano, organ, keyboards); Booker T. Jones (keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. (drums).
Audio Remixer: Steve Cropper.
Recording information: Stax Recording Studio, Memphis, TN (07/1966-07/1968).
Unknown Contributor Role: The Mar-Key Horns.
Arranger: Steve Cropper.
RARE STAMPS brings together selections from veteran soul singer Eddie Floyd's I'VE NEVER FOUND A GIRL and CHRONICLE: GREATEST HITS albums. Floyd had made a name for himself as an ace songwriter on prior work but this collection reveals his skills as a vocalist. His actual vocal style is more laid back and a little smoother than that of his Stax peers.
The album was written for his deceased labelmate, Otis Redding. Floyd and the band turn the lament into an ominous cry. There is menace to the music, heartbreak turned inward and transformed into something far darker.
The Stax house band, Booker T. and the MG's, provides a flawless canvas for Floyd. The loping bass pulse that introduces "Bring it on to Me" provides a background that's ideal for Floyd's voice. The band pumps up for the rollicking "Hobo," an insistent tune that pushes Floyd further than he's usually accustomed to going. "Big Bird" takes things even further. The mighty Mavis Staples (the earth-moving voice behind the Staple Singers' "I'll Take You There") even shows up near the end of the collection for two tunes.
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
K-EARTH 101FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE