Eddie Floyd Soul Street
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Eddie Floyd ~ Rare Stamps / I've Never Found a Girl ~ $19.45
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Stax
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Something To Write Home About
- $0.99 on iTunes2.We've Been Through Too Much Together
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Watcha Gonna Do With My Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Wanna Do Things For You
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Baby, Lay Your Head Down (Gently On My Bed)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.The Highway Man
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Hear Footsteps (Coming Closer)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.(I Didn't Know What Losing Was) 'Til I Lost You
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Check Me Out
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Lay Your Loving On Me
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Soul Street
- $0.99 on iTunes12.I Don't Want To Be With Nobody But My Baby
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Stealing Love
- $0.99 on iTunes14.I Am So Grateful
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Don't You Know That It's All Right
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Guess Who
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Stop, Look What Your Doing To Me
- $0.99 on iTunes18.I'm So Glad I Met You
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Your Love Is Amazin'
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Stick With Me Baby
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The 1997 Stax reissue of SOUL STREET also contains tracks from BABY, LAY YOUR HEAD DOWN (GENTLY ON MY BED).
Personnel: Eddie Floyd (vocals, background vocals); Eddie Hinton, Eddie Willis (guitar); Joe Shamwell (melodica, background vocals); The Memphis Horns (horns); Clayton Ivey, Earl Van Dyke, Barry Beckett (keyboards); Roger Hawkins (drums); Bobby Eaton, Oma Drake, Hot Buttered Soul Unlimited, Yolanda McCullough, Pamela Vincent, Ben Knight, Joyce Vincent, Stephanie Spruill, Gloria Jones (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Larry Nix.
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Audio Remixers: Robert Jackson; William Brown ; Bill Lazerus.
Liner Note Author: Rob Bowman.
Recording information: Bryon Lee's Studio, Kingston, Jamaica (1972-1974); Byron Lee's Studio, Kingston, Jamaica (1972-1974); Muscle Shoals Sound Studio, Sheffield, AL (1972-1974); Paramount Studio, Los Angeles, CA (1972-1974); Paramount Studios, Los Angeles, CA (1972-1974); Parmount Studio, LA, CA (1972-1974); Stax Recording Studios, Memphis (1972-1974).
Ensembles: Con Funk Shun; Hot Buttered Soul Unlimited; The Memphis Horns.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Rob Bowman; The Memphis Horns.
Arrangers: Dale Warren; James Mitchell ; Johnny Allen; Al Bell.
Floyd's seventh and last album for Stax contained a tiny R&B hit in the title track. The record employed the Con Funk Shun rhythm section that would soon rise to soul stardom on their own. But there wasn't much special about the tunes, which revealed some influences from the sounds of Philadelphia and Hi Records, both of which were then peaking in popularity. The CD reissue pairs the album and its predecessor, Baby, Lay Your Head Down (Gently on My Bed), onto one disc, although it's sequenced so that the earlier LP plays first. ~ Richie Unterberger
Margie JosephMargie Joseph Makes a New Impression / Phase II [Stax] (CD)
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
K-EARTH 101FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!