The Emotions Sunshine!
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Deniece Williams ~ Gonna Take A Miracle: The Best of Deniece Williams ~ $7.19
- by The Emotions ~ So I Can Love You / Untouched ~ $10.56
Products with a similar style:
- Margie Joseph Margie Joseph Makes a New Impression / Phase II [Stax] (CD) ~ $17.08
- Syl Johnson Twilight & Twinight Masters Collection (CD) ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- David Porter Victim of The Joke? An Opera (CD) ~ $10.56
- Shirley Brown Woman To Woman (CD) ~ $10.78
- Released: April 24, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Stax
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Shouting Out Love
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I Really Miss You
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Ain't No Sunshine
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Runnin' Back (and Forth)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Anyway You Look At It
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Baby, I'm Through
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Innocent
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Put A Little Love Away
- $0.99 on iTunes10.I've Fallen In Love
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I Wanna Come Back
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Peace Be Still
- $1.29 on iTunes13.What Do The Lonely Do At Christmas
- $0.99 on iTunes14.I Call This Loving You
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Additional personnel: Michael Toles, Bobby Manuel, Marvell Thomas, Lester Snell, Ronnie Williams, Earl Thomas, Donald "Duck" Dunn, Al Jackson, Jr., Willie Hall, The Memphis Horns, The Detroit Strings, The Memphis Symphony.
Recorded between 1972 and 1974.
Personnel: Jeanette Hutchinson, Wanda Hutchinson, Teresa Davis, Theresa Davis, Sheila Hutchinson (vocals); Michael Toles, Bobby Manuel (guitar); Ronnie Williams, Lester Snare, Ronny Williams, Lester Snell, Marvell Thomas (keyboards); Al Jackson, Jr. , Willie Hall (drums).
Audio Remixer: Phil Kaffel.
Liner Note Author: Lee Hildebrand.
Recording information: 1972-1974.
Unknown Contributor Roles: The Emotions; The Memphis Horns.
Arrangers: Dale Warren; Joe Hutchinson; James Mitchell ; Johnny Allen.
The Emotions never really established themselves at Stax as they should have -- yet their Stax sides are more pleasing to many than their later, more successful recordings on Columbia Records under the auspices of Maurice White. Sunshine has some excellent cuts and some that don't quite fit the Chicagoans' style. If Stax hadn't been close to folding, "Shouting Out Love" would have raced up the charts; this sweetie has everything -- a good beat, a great hook, and sensational vocals from the Emotions on a song equally suitable for the Staple Singers. Then you have songs like "Runnin' Back (And Forth)," contributed by Eddie Floyd and Mack Rice, which should have been cut by someone else. Lambert and Potter's "Put a Little Love Away" departs from the Emotions' sound and is overbearingly pop. Group member Sheila Hutchinson contributed three of the better songs here: "Baby I'm Through," "I Really Miss You," and "I Wanna Come Back." And don't forget the perennial Christmas favorite "What Do the Lonely Do at Christmas?" ~ Andrew Hamilton
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
WDAS 105.3FM - Soulful Christmas, Volumes 1 & 2 (2-CD Box...(4)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE