The Idol Dancer (Silent)
Only 4 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$14.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.03 (21% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 1920
- Label: Grapevine Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Creighton Hale & George MacQuarrie|
|Directed by||D.W. Griffith|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this D.W. Griffith South Seas drama a religious zealot and his nephew are thrown together on a South Seas Island with an alcoholic beach comber and a native dancer. A battle to see who will "civilize" whom ensues.
Silent film impresario D.W. Griffith directed this passionate South Seas adventure, starring Clarine Seymour as White Almond Flower, an uninhibited, idol-worshipping island girl who is desired by both an alcoholic beach bum (Richard Barthelmess), and the sickly nephew (Creighton Hale) of a pious missionary (George MacQuarrie). Evil native chief Wando (Walter James) and his scheming white profiteer pal (Andrews Randolph) also have designs on White Almond Flower; when the men of her village all go off fishing, they lead a bloodthirsty cannibal attack in order to kidnap her, and as many other women as they can. The imperiled pagan sisters hole up at the missionary's house, and pray for a Griffith-style ride to their rescue. It's Christian morality vs. the lustful primitive nature of the savage in this curious film; one of the great director's lesser efforts. An interesting footnote is the presence of Ms. Seymour, then just 21, as the island girl. A beautiful, natural actress, she tragically died a month after THE IDOL DANCER premiered.
THE IDOL DANCER is a romantic South Seas adventure by silent film pioneer D.W. Griffith.
- Theatrical release: March 21, 1920.
- Filmed in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Silent Films genre:
- The Pace That Kills (1928 Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- Clara Bow Double Feature: My Lady of Whims (1925) (Silent) / Black Oxen (1923) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- A Clouded Name (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- Free To Love (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE