Joe Liggins & The Honeydrippers Volume 1: Specialty Legend Series
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Louis Jordan ~ The Best of Louis Jordan [MCA] ~ $8.34
- by Robert Cray ~ In My Soul ~ $14.38
- by Ry Cooder ~ Live In San Francisco ~ $17.08
- by Louis Jordan ~ Saturday Night Fish Fry: The Original & Greatest Hits ~ $12.97
- Released: April 6, 1992
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Specialty
- 1.Pink Champagne
- 2.Ramblin' Blues
- 3.Rag Mop
- 4.Rhythm in the Barnyard
- 5.Goin' Back to New Orleans
- 6.I've Got a Right to Cry
- 8.I Just Can't Help Myself
- 9.Don't Miss That Train
- 10.Frankie Lee
- 11.Brand New Deal in Mobile
- 12.Little Joe's Boogie (Guitar Boogie)
- 13.One Sweet Letter
- 14.Whiskey, Gin & Wine
- 15.Louisiana Woman
- 16.Trying to Lose the Blues
- 17.Shuffle Boogie Blues
- 18.Rain, Rain, Rain
- 19.Flying Dutchman
- 21.Blues for Tanya
- 22.Freight Train Blues
- 23.Whiskey, Women and Loaded Dice
- 24.Big Dipper
- 25.Do You Love Me Pretty Baby?
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains 9 CD bonus tracks.
Personnel: Joe Liggins (vocals, piano); Candy Rivers (vocals); Frank Pasley, Harold Leonard Grant (guitar); Floyd Turnham, Floyd Thurnam, Jr. (clarinet, saxophone); Willie E. Jackson, Willis "Gator" Jackson (alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Jewell L. Grant, William B. Woodman, Jr., James Jackson, Ewell Goldyn "Bo" Rhambo, William Woodman Jr., Thomas Maxwell Davis (tenor saxophone); Nathaniel Jack McFay, Earl Carter, Peppy Prince (drums).
Liner Note Author: Billy Vera.
Recording information: Universal Recorders, Hollywood, CA (01/20/1950-03/12/1954).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Wallace Sanford; Joe Liggins.
Pianist Joe Liggins presented a fairly sophisticated brand of swinging jump blues to jitterbuggers during the early '50s, when his irresistible "Pink Champagne" scaled the R&B charts. Twenty-five of his very best 1950-1954 Specialty sides grace this collection, including a tasty remake of "The Honeydripper;" "Rhythm in the Barnyard," and the syncopated "Going Back to New Orleans" (recently revived by Dr. John). ~ Bill Dahl
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE