The Love Gamble (Silent)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 1925
- Label: Grapevine Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert Frazer, Kathleen Clifford, Pauline Garon & Arthur Rankin|
|Performer:||Brooks Benedict, Bonnie Hill & James Marcus|
|Directed by||Edward Le Saint & Ed LeSaint|
|Screenwriting by||Harry Hoyt|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Peggy Mason joins her boyfriend Douglas Wyman at a secluded cabin. When he confesses his love and the fact that he is still a married man Peggy is distraught and flees the cabin. But meanwhile Douglas' wife is murdered and when the police come he can't provide an alibi without tarnishing Peggy's reputation.
This romantic melodrama was based on the novel PEGGY OF BEACON HILL by Maysie Greig. Because she is so badly treated by her stepfather (James Marcus), Peggy Mason (Lillian Rich) considers marrying Joe Wheeler (Brooks Benedict), even though she does not love him. Then she inherits a thousand dollars and this enables her to become a partner in a Bohemian tea room in Boston. There she meets Douglas Wyman (Robert Frazer) and falls in love with him. When he takes her to his lodge in the woods he admits that he is already married to a faithless wife (Bonnie Hill). Peggy refuses to have anything to do with him and escapes from the lodge. She is caught in a storm and becomes very ill. While she is recuperating, she reads a newspaper item that says Wyman is being tried for the murder of his wife. Since she was killed on the night that he was with Peggy, she rushes down to the courtroom and willingly ruins her good name by admitting she was with him. Wyman is freed and he and Peggy unite.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Silent Films genre:
- The Pace That Kills (1928 Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- The Average Woman (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Clara Bow Double Feature: My Lady of Whims (1925) (Silent) / Black Oxen (1923) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Double Trouble (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK
- Snow White (1916) / Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp (1917) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER WEEK