Roy Orbison Combo Concert - Holland 1965 (Live)
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Products with a similar style:
- Elvis Presley Top Album Collection, Volume 1 (Elvis Presley / Elvis / Something for Everybody / Blue Hawaii /... (LP) ~ $99.95 (Save 23%)
- Elvis Presley Top Album Collection, Volumes 1 & 2 (10-LP Box Set) ~ $180.00 (Save 31%)
- Released: January 13, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Orbison Records
- 1.Only The Lonely
- 2.Running Scared
- 4.What'd I Say
- 5.Dream Baby
- 6.Mean Woman Blues
- 7.It's Over
- 8.Oh, Pretty Woman
- 10.Crying (Bonus Track - 1965 Live at The Paris Olympia)
- 11.Dream Baby (Bonus Track - 1965 Live at The Paris Olympia)
- 12.Blue Bayou (Bonus Track - 1965 Live at The Paris Olympia)
- 13.Mean Woman Blues (Bonus Track - 1965 Live at The Paris Olympia)
- 14.Oh, Pretty Woman (Bonus Track - 1965 Live at The Paris Olympia)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Roy Orbison (vocals); Billy Sanford, John Rainey Adkins (guitar); Barry Boothe (piano); William Dees (keyboards, background vocals); Billy Gilmore (bass); Paul Garrison (drums).
Recorded at the Olympia Theatre in Paris, France on March 23, 1965 and Laren, Holland on March 25, 1965.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Billy Sanford, John Rainey Adkins (guitar); Barry Boothe (piano); William Dees (keyboards, background vocals); Bill Gilmore (bass guitar); Paul Garrison (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Glenn Meadows.
Liner Note Author: Tanja Crouch.
Since the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Roy Orbison is usually the epic orchestral sweep of melodramatic bolero-style hits like "Running Scared" and "It's Over," it can be hard to remember sometimes that Orbison was at heart a rock & roller. This excellent archival release of live sets recorded in Paris and Amsterdam in March, 1965, proves this aspect of Orbison's musical personality once and for all.
Backed by a tight beat-group-style combo led by guitarist Bill Dees, who co-wrote a number of Orbison's biggest hits, Orbison sings and plays with graceful nonchalance. Even ballads like "Crying" are delivered with the humor and rock and roll passion of "Oh, Pretty Woman" or "Mean Woman Blues." Excellent stuff, of interest to any halfway-serious Orbison fan.
The Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 2 (Cassette)(2)
99¢ on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!