- Released: October 21, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: PolyGram Records
- 1.The Gypsy
- 2.I've Got To Learn To Live Without You
- 3.In The Old Fashioned Way
- 5.Killing Me Softly
- 6.Baby, I'm A Want You / Everything I Own
- 7.I Can See Clearly Now
- 8.Come On Home
- 9.Half As Much
- 10.Until It's Time For You To Go
- 11.Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again / If You Could Read My Mind
- 12.Without You
Originally released on Polydor Records UK (2383 279) in 1974. Includes liner notes by John W. Russo and Nigel Hunter.
All tracks have been remastered.
Although her US chart presence ended before the '60s did, Petula Clark remained a beloved star--as she had been since the age of seven--in her native England and her adopted home, France. 1974's COME ON HOME is only one of the many hit albums she had in Europe throughout the '70s, but it's indicative of where she was musically at the time.
Largely consisting of covers from the pens of '70s singer/songwriters like Gordon Lightfoot, Roberta Flack, and David Gates, the songs are semi-orchestral, but never schmaltzy; they're adult contemporary versions buoyed by Clark's remarkable voice. Charles Aznavour's "In the Old Fashioned Way" and a heartfelt reading of Pete Ham and Tom Evans' "Without You," which owes more to the Badfinger original than Nilsson's hit, are among the highlights.