- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Stereo Surround - English
- Stereo Surround - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm like Cuba, used by many, conquered by no one"
- Dottie Perez (MARISA TOMEI)
Sight and Sound - 09/01/1996
"...[Huston gives] a sublime performance..."
USA Today - 05/12/1995
"...As ever, Huston is appealing....The film is a knockdown, drag-out showcase for Marisa Tomei..."
Variety - 05/15/1995
"An enormously likable ensemble....Tomei is a spunky, attractive performer who has the audience on her side..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/12/1995
"...[Tomei] now emerges as earthier and juicier. Anjelica Huston brings some sort of the same conflicting passions to this role she had in PRIZZI'S HONOR..."
A vivacious Cuban girl looking for freedom in America and a conservative family man returning to his wife after 20 years are mistaken for husband and wife by immigration officers, leading to an accidental love triangle with hilarious consequences. Set in Miami's Little Havana.
Freshly released from a Cuban prison, and finally on his way to Miami to meet up with his wife and daughter, Juan Raul Perez encounters an alluring young prostitute named Dottie Perez. When the US authorities see the same last name, they mistakenly sign the two up as a married couple. The comedy of errors continues, however, when Juan's real wife Carmela Perez concludes that her husband never landed in the US and yields to the advances of charismatic cop John Pirelli. Assuming that they've been abandoned by their spouses, Carmela and Juan try make a new life in the United States.
Family Interaction |
Love Triangle |
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Rated BBFC 15 by British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1995 The Samuel Goldwyn Company.