The Seeds Seeds / A Web of Sound
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Gnp Crescendo
Q - 6/02, p.144"...For some keyboard-powered period jollies, check out THE SEEDS..."
Uncut - 8/01, p.1104.5 stars out of 5 - "...A brilliantly simple, headlong surge of fuzz-drenched guitar, bubbling organ riffs and Saxon's raw, throat-tearing vocals..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Can't Seem to Make You Mine
- $0.99 on iTunes2.No Escape
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Evil Hoodoo
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Girl I Want You
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Pushin' Too Hard
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Try to Understand
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Nobody Spoil My Fun
- $0.99 on iTunes8.It's a Hard Life
- $0.99 on iTunes9.You Can't Be Trusted
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Excuse, Excuse
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Fallin' In Love
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mr. Farmer
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Pictures and Designs
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Tripmaker
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I Tell Myself
- $0.99 on iTunes16.A Faded Picture
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Rollin' Machine
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Just Let Go
- 19.Up In Her Room
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE SEEDS/A WEB OF SOUND.
The Seeds: Sky Saxon (vocals, harmonica, bass); Jan Savage (guitar); Daryl Hooper (piano, organ); Rick Andridge (drums).
Recorded in Hollywood, California.
Personnel: Jan Savage (vocals, guitar); Sky Saxon Blues Band (vocals, harmonica, keyboards); Sky Saxon (vocals, harmonica); Daryl Hooper (vocals, piano, organ, keyboards); Cooker (guitar, bottleneck guitar); Rick Andridge (drums).
Audio Mixer: Mike Durrough.
Audio Remixers: Doc Siegel; Mike Durrough; Stan Ross.
Liner Note Author: Marcus Tybalt.
Recording information: Columbia Recording Studio, Hollywood, CA; RCA Victor; United; Universal Associated; Western.
Arranger: The Seeds.
The Seeds' first two albums were also their best. THE SEEDS, featuring the stomping garage-punk classics "Pushin' Too Hard" and "Can't Seem To Make You Mine," arguably the hardest pre-heavy metal singles, is clearly a snot-nose classic. It's all in the song titles--"Evil Hoodoo," "No Escape," "Girl I Want You"--and the malevolence of the band's playing, especially that of organist Daryl Hooper and guitarist Jan Savage.
A WEB OF SOUND is both a refinement and an abandonment of this approach. Some songs, especially "Mr. Farmer" and "Tripmaker," are as punky and psychedelic as anything on the debut. The last track, the 14-minute "Up In Her Room" is a total trip, like the Velvet Underground's "Sister Ray" reinterpreted by the free-jazz lunatics in the Red Crayola. Very weird, and if you're so inclined, very cool. Highly recommended.
The StandellsHot Hits & Hot Ones: Is This the Way That You Get Your High?
$12.35 Super Savings
Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era,... (CD)(188)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE